Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSA Reveals It's True Colors Forces Nursing Mom To Pump Breast Milk

Default TSA Reveals It's True Colors Forces Nursing Mom To Pump Breast Milk

‘Embarrassed and Humiliated’: TSA Apologizes After Ordering Nursing Mom to Pump Breast Milk Into Bottles Before Boarding ‘Embarrassed and Humiliated’: TSA Apologizes After Ordering Nursing Mom to Pump Breast Milk Into Bottles Before Boarding
    Amy Strand was made to pump breast milk in an airport bathroom before being permitted to board a flight. (Image source: KITV-TV)

The Transportation Security Administration has apologized after a mother in Hawaii was left “embarrassed and humiliated” after an agent ordered her to pump breast milk in an airport bathroom to prove her electric pump was real.
    Amy Strand was traveling with her 9-month-old daughter on her way home from Kauai Wednesday when she was told she would not be allowed to board until she could show the agent full bottles of breast milk, Hawaii ABC affiliate KITV-TV reported.
    Just minutes before going through security Wednesday, she said she had done “what no nursing mother wants to do” and dumped the breast milk from the bottles, thinking they would be a screening hassle. But when she was going through the line, the agent stopped her and asked to look at her equipment, which included the pump, a cooler pack and the empty bottles. Because recently-changed TSA guidelines permit women to fly with breast milk but treat electric pumps as medical equipment, Strand had to prove the pump was medically necessary to be able to fly with it.

“I asked him if there was a private place I could pump and he said no, you can go in the women’s bathroom. I had to stand in front of the mirrors and the sinks and pump my breast in front of every tourist that walked into that bathroom,” she told KITV. “I was embarrassed and humiliated and then angry that I was treated this way
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

TSA is a vast federal governmental agency with no purpose. They ought be dis banned.

I am a retired commercial pilot and all they ever did was get in the way. They added nothing to actual aviation safety or security.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

You have been banned for the following reason:
    continued trolling after warning- starting a fight in a news thread

Why do people continue to go to the airports, and fly on the planes?

Until the airlines are hurt financially and hurt badly,
    nothing, absolutely nothing, will be done about the tsa.

The movement to disband the tsa must come from the airlines.

People need to find other means to get around now, instead of
    flying.

Nowski

Quote Originally Posted by nowski View Post
    Why do people continue to go to the airports, and fly on the planes?
    People need to find other means to get around now, instead of
    flying.
    Yeah, that mother should have drove from Hawaii instead.

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    The Story Of A Broken Heart and a Flooded Engine!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

What I wanna know is what happens if your found to be carrying a condom?

Quote Originally Posted by solderguy View Post
    I post this everytime this issue comes up...

don't fly!

for those who have to fly for work, fine, they can put up with it or find other jobs.

We made our stand after I had American soldiers pointing their weapons at me and forcing me in front of my 6 year old grandaughter, to drink from a cup I had bought in from another area of the airport.

We have missed births, weddings and funerals every year, but I refuse to submit to that treatment voluntarily and it won't stop until many others stand up.
    how loud would Hawaii scream if no one flew there anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyvet View Post
    I post this everytime this issue comes up...

don't fly!

for those who have to fly for work, fine, they can put up with it or find other jobs.

We made our stand after I had American soldiers pointing their weapons at me and forcing me in front of my 6 year old grandaughter, to drink from a cup I had bought in from another area of the airport.

We have missed births, weddings and funerals every year, but I refuse to submit to that treatment voluntarily and it won't stop until many others stand up.
    how loud would Hawaii scream if no one flew there anymore?
    My sources are a bit dated on this but one way berths from Hawaii are extremely expensive and the TSA searches you before you board

I printed out and remember that picture of the female completely covered
    in black to the top of her head, from the back. (No, not a Nun). The letters TSA on her back. Also Obama saying right after he was elected the real terrorists are in this country. Obama the mu slim is taking this country down.
    "all they that hate me love death" Proverbs 8:36. Why do the heathen rage and the people image a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together against the LORD and against His Anointed." Ps 2:1,2. The agencies of evil are combining and consolidating, they are strengthening for the last great crisis."

Lenno and Soldierguy...

Please don't act as though you're missing the point of the "Hurt the airlines by refusing to fly" statement. You're acting foolish by continually referring to this one individuals destination as a reason why refusing to fly just won't work. I'm certain that both of you know better.