Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Belle's house is gone- Pictures Post #72

Praying and waiting for any more news...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...SDfd0PM99rTumw

this news clip isn't to far from Belles home, so yo ucan get an idea of what they are up against.
    it was just on weather.com also. they have it roped off, going from wrecked home to the next looking for people.
    Just praise GOD she and her family are alive and ok.
    momof23goats

the story that goes along with the picture.. :(

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/03/03/2...ts-try-to.html

I'm guessing that the first thing the family will need is a place to stay (hopefully sister can help with that), they will probably get vouchers from the Red Cross for limited clothing (our friends in the Oakland Hills fire storm did) but beyond that people usually need pretty much everything.

We need to wait and see, but my guess is that things like a lap top (to keep in communication with family and friends), extra clothing (the Red Cross does not provide much), every sort of appliance (again family may help here, need to wait) and as my friends in the Oakland Hills storm pointed out, "all those things the Red Cross doesn't do" in Belle's case probably canning jars, a canner, etc.,

There is little we can do about things like family photos etc, unless someone has copies on their hard drive somewhere.

But for now we need to sit tight, pray and be glad they all made it out alive; obviously they did have plans for what to do in this emergency and they worked.

I also think this is something for everyone to reflect on, especially those people who insist they will "always" bug "in" and "never" leave their homesteads. Sadly, sometimes homesteads leave you and while that may not a primary type of preparation, being forced out by natural or human caused disasters is always something to be aware of.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by Limner View Post
    Mom, did they have any critters at all? Goats, chickens, etc?
    yes she had some critters.
    that looks like Gayles road. but no one died at her place, could be a neighbors place.
    It is really bad there.
    momof23goats

Quote Originally Posted by Disastercat View Post
    I also think this is something for everyone to reflect on, especially those people who insist they will "always" bug "in" and "never" leave their homesteads. Sadly, sometimes homesteads leave you and while that may not a primary type of preparation, being forced out by natural or human caused disasters is always something to be aware of.
    Multiple caches and friends in other areas of the country . . . never, ever put all of one's eggs in one basket.

sunny225 Guest

Prayers for all of Belle's family & her neighbors.
    Let us know when you hear something else.

Thank God the family is safe, nothing is more important than that. The buildings, personal property, and preps can be replaces.

I live in a mobile home and yesterday I went to my dd house. She doesn't have a basement, but at least it's sturdier than a mobile home. I quickly shoved several changes of clothes and personal items in a backpack. I looked around the room quick and wondered if my place got hit, would any of my preps survive. This morning when I read what happened to Belle it was like having cold water thrown at my face. I talked to ds about the fact that we really need a storm shelter. All of my bantering for the past several years has fallen on deaf ears. I told ds if we had a storm shelter not only would we be more likely to survive, but we could store things in it and not lose everything. I intend to talk to dh when he gets home this evening. Hopefully, this will be an eye opener for him.

gardengal

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Those pictures look just like what happened in Shoal Creek Valley, in Alabama, last April. My mother-in-law's cousin lost his son and daughter-in-law, their house, and his house, in that disaster. Seems like the mega-storms are targeting the hollers nowadays. Please let us know if you hear any news from Belle.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20