Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Belle's house is gone- Pictures Post #72

Mom of 23 goats might be able to get her address. But isn't she staying in a motel for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Milk-maid View Post
    Mom of 23 goats might be able to get her address. But isn't she staying in a motel for now?
    Milk-maid (and Minnie), I know Mom of 23 has an address for any type of help that can be sent to Belle via the mail. If you pm her, she'll pm the addy to you. Last I heard (if I understood correctly), they thought they might rent a for sale home down the road as they rebuild, but Mom knows better than I.

Minnie, are people needing actual cleaning supplies shipped to them, or would it be easier to send money or prepaid cards so they could buy them locally. Are there decent stores open within a reasonable distance? Maybe I should have pm'ed this question.
    "We have to rebuild in a way that you will not be victimized by a similar storm again, because we don't - we're just wasting money, and we're essentially engaging in false advertising that what we're doing is restoring you to your situation that existed before the storm.”

Joe Biden

She's staying with friends right now. I'm not sure where they live. She goes back to her property as she can to salvage and clean up. They do have plans to rebuild. Her actual address you might have a hard time finding. I dont' think she even has a mailbox standing. What's the odds that you two may have passed on a street in a town and not known each other, but converse on this forum? I know of one person on TOL that lives probably 10 to 15 miles from me and I'm sure we've never met in person.

gardengal

hello Everyone,

well, your right Mark, I will give out the address to people that pm me, it is Belle's dauther's address, she lives close by but was not hit. Belle lives in the wellington area. so if you live close to that area, that is where you will find her.

There are places to get things, her Daughter lives in salt lick, which is another spot in the road.
    where Belle lives , is back in off the main road . very small community, of probably 800 people. maybe.
    momof23goats

Default (((Belle)))

I'm from Iowa and I've heard the freight train outside my door. Not something you ever want to hear, particularly at night with a house full of kids. That experience led me to use the tools I have(skid steer, tree sheer, grapple bucket, dump trailer...} to travel to any tornado strike in my area asap to lend a hand. I can tell you that the sight of folks wandering around like zombies (sleepless and devastated) looking for pieces of their former lives,a little girl clinging to a dirty beat up doll, screams of joy at finding the family bible or a picture album can have a profound effect on a you. If you're not from tornado country you can not imagine the power of a tornado. The thought that help is coming in from the outside world means a lot as people look around at their neighbors in the same boat. Belle, if you read this, I don't know you but a gift card is in the mail. I've helped move houses to recover bodies. So it may sound strange, but be thankful. You survived ! Your priorities will be forever changed. And that, is a good thing. Best wishes. Times are tough, but I encourage people of the Tree to look into your hearts. We're all in this together and the government is a poor vehicle of that truth.
    “Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by aerobat View Post
    I'm from Iowa and I've heard the freight train outside my door. Not something you ever want to hear, particularly at night with a house full of kids. That experience led me to use the tools I have(skid steer, tree sheer, grapple bucket, dump trailer...} to travel to any tornado strike in my area asap to lend a hand. I can tell you that the sight of folks wandering around like zombies (sleepless and devastated) looking for pieces of their former lives,a little girl clinging to a dirty beat up doll, screams of joy at finding the family bible or a picture album can have a profound effect on a you. If you're not from tornado country you can not imagine the power of a tornado. The thought that help is coming in from the outside world means a lot as people look around at their neighbors in the same boat. Belle, if you read this, I don't know you but a gift card is in the mail. I've helped move houses to recover bodies. So it may sound strange, but be thankful. You survived ! Your priorities will be forever changed. And that, is a good thing. Best wishes. Times are tough, but I encourage people of the Tree to look into your hearts. We're all in this together and the government is a poor vehicle of that truth.
    Amen!

Just read this over on Bell's forum, posted by her daughter...
    "ALL of her animals survived. Some are now really-free range, some are being housed with friends and family, and a few have yet to be rounded up but have been heard. The mouse and the parakeets escaped. The chickens and such are still there. Basically, the main loss was just the structures themselves."

How cool is that!! Talk about miracles, my goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by goatlady View Post
    just read this over on bell's forum, posted by her daughter...
    "all of her animals survived. Some are now really-free range, some are being housed with friends and family, and a few have yet to be rounded up but have been heard. The mouse and the parakeets escaped. The chickens and such are still there. Basically, the main loss was just the structures themselves."

how cool is that!! Talk about miracles, my goodness.

amen!
    wearing the babushka with pride...

Quote Originally Posted by goatlady View Post
    Just read this over on Bell's forum, posted by her daughter...
    "ALL of her animals survived. Some are now really-free range, some are being housed with friends and family, and a few have yet to be rounded up but have been heard. The mouse and the parakeets escaped. The chickens and such are still there. Basically, the main loss was just the structures themselves."

How cool is that!! Talk about miracles, my goodness.
    What's Belle's forum???

Quote Originally Posted by DunDunDuuun View Post
    What's Belle's forum???
    that is a huge blessing, and another miracle.
    momof23goats