Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Belle's house is gone- Pictures Post #72

Prayers sent her way and for the rest of the people who have been hit.

Catherine
    Account Closed

Praying

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    It looks like there is both a Walmart and a Kroger (grocery) within a reasonable distance. Whether they are up and running, I don't know. I know we hate the evil empire but a Walmart card would be better than a check or a money order, I would think.

I send cash in greeting cards. The Dollar Store frequently has tons of greeting cards on the cheap. So far, all cash I have sent that way has gotten through.
    i THINK ANY THING YOU SEND WOULD BE JUST FINE.
    And praise God and thank you all for helping out.
    this will really help them out.
    momof23goats

Prayers for belle, her family, and all who have been affected by this.......
    For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow..............Ecclesiastes 1:18

LORD please forgive us our unkind, unloving ways.........ALL OF US..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by momof23goats View Post
    she lost her home yesterday in a tornado. her barn is gone and her out buildings.

all is lost, but her hubby and 3 of her sons were there, and they are all ok. PRAISE GOD FOR THIS BLESSING.

people have been asking what does she need, where to send it, what is her phone number.

1. she lost just about everything.
    2. we are trying to find out where to send money or things too.
    3. she had a land line phone, it is long gone.
    Her sister is waiting to hear from her, to see just what they are going to do. and where to send things.
    I will post when I know, that is all I can tell you. things are bad there, she lost 6 of her neighbors on her road. the hollar is pretty much wiped out.

right now all we can do is wait , and pray.
    4. Belle had her preps, in totes with lids, so she might have things. but her canned goods are probably safe to say, wiped out.
    when I hear I will post.
    Oh no, poor Belle! Please keep us posted and such. Thanks.
    Pull my finger!

I guess to some people chains don't matter as long as they have the right letter on them. Frankly I don't want to be in chains.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." Padme in Star Wars Episode III

Just saw this will be in prayer for Belle and family.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
    Thomas Jefferson

Praise the Lord they are all ok, but I am so sorry to hear of their losses. Will be keeping them in my prayers.
    "Rend your heart and not your garments." Joel 2:13

Thank you Mom, just saw this and will keep Belle in my prayers.

Like Meemur wrote below, I have sent cash successfully countless times in cards or inside 2 or 3 pieces of paper folded like you would a letter. The prepaid cards are a great idea, but some cash alongside them would give Belle leeway for myriad untold situations that might arise as she resettles.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    It looks like there is both a Walmart and a Kroger (grocery) within a reasonable distance. Whether they are up and running, I don't know. I know we hate the evil empire but a Walmart card would be better than a check or a money order, I would think.

I send cash in greeting cards. The Dollar Store frequently has tons of greeting cards on the cheap. So far, all cash I have sent that way has gotten through.
    "We have to rebuild in a way that you will not be victimized by a similar storm again, because we don't - we're just wasting money, and we're essentially engaging in false advertising that what we're doing is restoring you to your situation that existed before the storm.”

Joe Biden

Prayer for Belle and her family. Can't quite imagine what it must be like. I have followed her over the years and her wine recipe is my favorite.

Default Update

Her sister spoke with her, the house is gone, that we knew, and the barn , out buildings.
    but she said she got allot of their clothes, and most of her preps. [they were i n totes, thank you LORD], she got all of her computer stuff. but I am not so sure it will not be fried, when plugged in .
    but she got got her pictures, and books and such. so she is feeling good but tired.
    she said not a total loss. thats Belle, they are going to rebuild. they found a house about a half mile away, they are going to rent while rebuilding theirs. it is for sale. but they got it I think for just paying the bills. now I might not have that part right.

so at least she did get some of her things. which is a miracle. to be able to get yoru books, pictures, clothes, GOD IS GOOD, AND HAS HELPED HER FOR SURE.
    momof23goats