Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some dog owners who show NO (NOT P.C.!)

Angry Some dog owners who show NO (NOT P.C.!)

personal responsibility and have their heads up their butts.

We had another incident in MT where a man had two of his dogs get loose and they roamed to a school yard. It was not in the middle of the day. Another town.

A man was bitten several times and he called the police while he was at the yard - he could not escape from the vicious dogs.

The police got there and were waiting for one of those dog catching hoop things.

Meanwhile... while the police were there, sigh, one dog of the two dogs charged a policeman to attempt to bite him and the policeman shot the dog. The dog died.

The breed was a mixed breed - mastiff, pit bull and something else. One dog weighs more than me.

So now the dumb @@@ - blank - blank dog owner who had NO control of HIS dogs who not only got out of his yard but ran to a 'school yard', bit a man several times and 'charged the policeman' wants to SUE the police department because the GOOD peace officer shot his dog in self defense!

NO !@#$%^&*()_+!

Personally, I say, "GOOD policeman, bad dog/dogs - bad owner!"

Too bad that they don't shoot the owner while they take care of the other vicious - biting dog. Seriously, some of these dog owners are just as stupid, vicious, irresponsible and need to get something done to them because some of these 'pets' (Ha!) are killers.

Some other man, one of many owners in this state and across this country, who owned a pit bull that 'left his house/yard' with NO owner supervision decided to visit another school yard, only this one was in Missoula, and while some ladies were trying to safe guard the children - one of the women got bitten up really bad - she almost lost her life if someone did not take care of her - it was IN town so they got help for her pretty quick but response time and timing does not always work well for the victim. This happened here but not recently.

MN Smith, etc. - I wanted to send this to you in a PM but I think that you turned yours off. I know that you and a few other people on here feel the same way as I DO when it comes to people who have NO control over 'fluffy' and think that their darling dog/dogs in ANY breed would never hurt a fly even if they got LOOSE!

They ought to start rounding up some of these stupid and irresponsible pet owners when they catch some of these LOOSE, off of the owner's property, mean and vicious dogs IN any breed. Make it a 2 for 1 deal.

Catherine
    A lady who loves 'some dogs' who was and will continue to be a responsible, loving DOG owner if she gets another German Shepherd puppy. I have had dogs all of my life shy of the last 10 years.
    Last edited by Catherine_MT; 03-09-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Typos!
    Account Closed

They need to give the Montana peace officer a MEDAL for trying to DEAL with the vicious dog/dogs situation!

No wonder there are so many insurance companies who refuse to WRITE a policy (Rent or own.) for people who own some dog breeds.

Now, I know that sounds biased - so be it.

I would name some other breeds that are on the list and ones that I personally have dealt with (NOT my choice - loose dogs.) but I do not want to get into a p-ing match. OVER bred and super stupid dogs are another issue not just some specific breeds that tend to have a 'record'.

The statistics of dog bites and vicious dog attacks on file with 'some' government agencies is valid.

The insurance companies who follow these stats, as they do for fire coverage for rural and city living, to base their rates and even IF they will insure you do not lie.

When 'fluffy' decides to turn on the owner/owners or another family member and attack the owner, even a pregnant woman, and then partially EAT up a baby in a crib...well... there are some really, really sick and true stories about some of these vicious dog cases. I will not do homework for people but I used to have a link on these stories because of some 'self defense writing' of mine.

Catherine
    Account Closed

Some people will always blame the OWNER and NOT the dog.

Vice versa.

I blame the bad owner AND the bad dog!

End of rant.

Catherine
    Account Closed

Default Hi, Catherine...

I will definitely agree with how you're feeling here.
    At the very least, the grossly irresponsible owners in these scenarios should lose all his animals, permanently and immediately, with a large fine imposed that's payable in short order. If this is a repeated behavior, then add a decade to lifetime ban on owning any animal larger than a guppie. If anyone was hurt by the dogs, then jail and/or much larger fines are in order.

And, about the lawsuits this sort like to bring? An appropriate summary judgement 100% for the defense including all court costs (nondischargeable in bankruptcy), an additional fine, a ban of a decade or more from bringing any civil suits, and a suspended sentence of at least a year at hard labor, imposed if there is EVER so much as one animal incident cause by that person again.

I have had too many close calls from unprovoked attacks by loose dogs off their owner's property (and thus strays). The owners commonly see this as no big deal, don't so much as apologize for damage, injury, or other problems their dogs cause, and only get indignant if someone starts to physically defend themselves from being menaced or attacked by what is clearly one more dog than there is room for in the world. If there were cash bounties paid for the heads of loose dogs (ideally mandatory to be paid by the owners), that would be justice IMO.

FWIW my dog is with me in the house at all times, I won't even leave her outside in the kennel which has 8 foot walls, and she's only a 12 pound mutt. I'm more worried about those that participate in dog fighting, small dogs disappear here regularly and are used as bait for training large fighting dogs.

As for your dog situation... when I was younger ala 1978-1984 there was an incident in my home town that the good ole boys ended up having to take care of. One of the bankers let his dogs run loose and quite regularly... some kid of no particular standing in the community was attacked (read white trash) Banker made a stink about the kid being the pest not his precious mutt.

Well I lived in a coal mining community... need I say more?

The banker came home and found his precious mutts gutted and strung up in the tree in front of the house, their entrails on the front stoop, with a note that next time it would be him.

Don't mess with good ole boys.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

MN Smith,

I tell you it is a real problem and it is getting worse in this country. There are people MY age not just children and young adults who just don't give a rat's @@@ about their PETS, dogs, cats, etc., and about private property rights and/or OTHER people's safety!

I was NOT raised that way but there must be a lot of idiots out there who are brain dead when it comes to their darling 'pets'!

What ever happened to a thing called respect, being careful and polite when it came to other people whether it involved you, your own family members and/or pets?!

Personal responsibility and applying the Golden Rule in your life?! Obviously many people don't think this way when it comes to their pets or their children and some of them can be brats too.

Tell your wife to stay safe especially now since she is pregnant.

You stay safe too.

Catherine
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Catherine_MT View Post
    Tell your wife to stay safe especially now since she is pregnant.
    His wife isn't pregnant they hired surrogate to carry their offspring.

K-

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    I have had too many close calls from unprovoked attacks by loose dogs off their owner's property (and thus strays). The owners commonly see this as no big deal, don't so much as apologize for damage, injury, or other problems their dogs cause, and only get indignant if someone starts to physically defend themselves from being menaced or attacked by what is clearly one more dog than there is room for in the world. If there were cash bounties paid for the heads of loose dogs (ideally mandatory to be paid by the owners), that would be justice IMO.
    these people are, in my opinion, just like heavy smokers who don't care if they cause you or a child to have a life threatening asthma attack from their recreational activity. As for cash bounties on loose dogs it all depends on where you live. Where Catherine lives, Montana, it has become overrun with hand wringing liberals from both coasts... so good luck with that one. I now live in Iowa where if a dog is threatening your life in anyway... you can kill it w/o fear of legal problems.

K-

Joan of Arc

Hello PW,

I am glad that you are a responsible dog owner - I knew that you would be. Thank you!

As an adult, I always kept our dogs in the house most of the time, in an enclosed breezeway and/or in a part of a fenced area by my breezeway. They could go in the yard and into the enclosed breezeway. This was when I lived in the boonies for over 30 years. Open farm/lake country.

I walked my dogs on a LEASH living very rural and when I lived in town growing up back on the east coast. I had farm fields all around me in the Midwest and on the east coast - I had a HUGE open park area in front of our house.

My parents were very strict about how our dogs were treated and raised. Kind of like how I was raised with my older brother and older sister.

Loving, kind, no nonsense discipline, be responsible for your actions and words, quality care, etc. - start this off as a puppy and go from there. It would be just like how you would raise children, to a degree, only I never had children.

I had to take care of my late Aunt's (My late Mom's best friend for most of her life not a blood relative aunt and our family lawyer.) old and small dog after she died for almost a year. The little dog got used to my OLD German Shepherd, Megan, and to my OLD pound puppy - a Samoyed type dog, Muffie. Even though her little dog got used to my two older dogs... I kept an eye on 'Hercules' - what a name! I did not want the dogs to get into a fight. At first, he was scared and barked at them. That lasted about 2 minutes and it stopped. My two dogs sniffed and looked at him and left him alone. Then, he realized that my late husband and I were the heads of the house, I did most of the DOG stuff since I was home more, Megan was the alpha dog, Muffie came next and then him. Two female dogs and him. I did not have any trouble with him and he got used to our house which was in another state, to our two dogs even though he 'mourned' the loss of Aunt Catherine. She was my mentor and we called her 'Aunt Catherine'. I loved her dearly almost as much as my late Mom who died when I was almost 19 years old. I put some of her old clothes, unwashed, with her scent on them with one of his toys from Maryland when I made up his little bed in the den. I had to fly him in a portable dog carrier and Aunt C. to my former state from Maryland in the middle 90's after the big, three blizzards hit the coast. Holy moly, what a trip! He stayed by my feet while I kept an eye on her. He was very well behaved even though he was not used flying or being in a car that much. He had an experience with snow drifts in our back yard too! He adapted very well even though you could tell that he remained sad after Aunt C. never made it back home from the hospital.

Take care.

Here is a hot cup of tea to all responsible dog and cat owners out there. A nice pet to all of the sweet dogs out there too!

Catherine
    Last edited by Catherine_MT; 03-09-2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Typos and added more.
    Account Closed

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    His wife isn't pregnant they hired surrogate to carry their offspring.

K-
    Okay and I hope that everyone stays SAFE out there.

Catherine
    Account Closed