Thread: Priest who denied communion to lesbian at funeral is placed on administrative leave b

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bethshaya View Post
    I believe the issue is that they do need Christ, and need to repent of their sin and acknowledge it and turn from it before receiving communion. Otherwise, it is just a piece of bread. But, like you said, it isnt the bread that is doing the redeeming, it is Christ. So it matters not what is in the hand, or in the stomach, but in the heart.

But I'm no longer Catholic for some of these very reasons...processes/rituals confusing or not always lining up with Scripture.
    I am no longer Episcopal for the same reasons, but the priest followed the proper course here, and is being slammed for it.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Read the article. The "lesbian" story is a red herring, published to titillate and also make it look like the Church is becoming more moderate on gay issues (so you should, too!)

The article states:
    ""this action was taken after I received credible allegations that Father Guarnizo has engaged in intimidating behavior toward parish staff and others that is incompatible with proper priestly ministry.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/priest-denied-communion-lesbian-funeral-administrative-leave-archdiocese-article-1.1037324#ixzz1ovLQ1EuJ"
    The fact that he denied the woman Communion (as is proper), was not mentioned in the report. More like, the woman in question read in the paper that Fr. Guarnizo was placed on admin leave and called up the NY Daily News with her story and to gloat.
    Visit me at Mama Says for some big family rubbernecking

Don't be so open-minded your brain falls out