Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Priest who denied communion to lesbian at funeral is placed on administrative leave b

Read the article. The "lesbian" story is a red herring, published to titillate and also make it look like the Church is becoming more moderate on gay issues (so you should, too!)

The article states:
    ""this action was taken after I received credible allegations that Father Guarnizo has engaged in intimidating behavior toward parish staff and others that is incompatible with proper priestly ministry.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/priest-denied-communion-lesbian-funeral-administrative-leave-archdiocese-article-1.1037324#ixzz1ovLQ1EuJ"
    The fact that he denied the woman Communion (as is proper), was not mentioned in the report. More like, the woman in question read in the paper that Fr. Guarnizo was placed on admin leave and called up the NY Daily News with her story and to gloat.
    Visit me at Mama Says for some big family rubbernecking

Don't be so open-minded your brain falls out

sunny225 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Who invented the ceremony of communion?

Give her the wafer. God will judge her, that is not the priest's job.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Of course, if this lesbo wants to continue to be catholic then she has to abide by their rules.

This is not about whether or not she could take communion in God's eyes, really. It is about freedom of religion, which is under severe attack in this country. The Catholic Church's stance is that unrepentant sinners should not be given communion. He was within his rights and the Church's teachings, but the lesbian activists are calling for his head. It sounds like his boss is caving to political correctness.

The Obama administration has their nose under the Church's tent. Soon the whole camel will be in the tent. Then, they will come after the rest of us! We must stick together!

Quote Originally Posted by Usually Curious View Post
    This is not about whether or not she could take communion in God's eyes, really. It is about freedom of religion, which is under severe attack in this country. The Catholic Church's stance is that unrepentant sinners should not be given communion. He was within his rights and the Church's teachings, but the lesbian activists are calling for his head. It sounds like his boss is caving to political correctness.

The Obama administration has their nose under the Church's tent. Soon the whole camel will be in the tent. Then, they will come after the rest of us! We must stick together!
    Maybe if the RELIGION would stop being a CORPORTATION, thus trying to straddle the fence on self controlled vs state controlled, then I would have more support in this.

Frankly, man can KEEP their religions. I dont need a church to have a relationship with the Living God and His Son.
    Why is owning pets better than owning kids? Because if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

The Daily Economist
    http://www.thedailyeconomist.com

So she wasn't aware of the church's position on her lifestyle before the incident??? Why would a person who's lifestyle is so clearly denounced by the Catholic church even want to receive communion from them? This is just another opportunity by the GLBT community to try and embarass a religious entity into acceptance. Pretty disgusting that she pulled this stunt at her own mother's funeral.

Default It's more than "embarrass" the homos and such have in mind, Parakeet...

Quote Originally Posted by Parakeet View Post
    So she wasn't aware of the church's position on her lifestyle before the incident??? Why would a person who's lifestyle is so clearly denounced by the Catholic church even want to receive communion from them? This is just another opportunity by the GLBT community to try and embarass a religious entity into acceptance. Pretty disgusting that she pulled this stunt at her own mother's funeral.
    They wish to FORCE those who advocate, and themselves practice, living more sexually-controlled lives than themselves. Without a word being spoken, the latter are a d*mning reproach to the sexually indiscriminate.

What's the old tongue-in-cheek definition of promiscuous? Anyone that has more sex than you.

this proves the government can over rule any religious belief they want whenever it pleases them.

the priest was right to refuse her communion, she was in a state of unrepentant sin blatantly violating the teachings of the church she claims to belong to. she knew it and forced the issue challenging the priest.

now he is ousted with claims of intimidation and unnice behavior toward staff, the bishop is toadying to be PC. makes me wonder what really is going on in that parish. ill take a wild guess at a power struggle with the priest trying to keep members online with church practices and teachings and the priest lost. so now the parrish will get a kinder, gentler priest who can be molded by the staff around him and probably not as strict. just guessing, seen some of these things happen.

nonetheless, communion is to be shared with believers in Christ and members in that church who are in accordance with the churchs teachings. the priest was right.

and people like her are trying to force the church to accept them and their sin so they can feel approved and good about themselves, while thumbing their noses at what the church actually teaches.

and she used her mothers funeral to set him up and try to embarrass him, complains to the bishop cause her feelings were hurt and the priest gets tossed.....hmmmm.
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

CANNABIS MEDICINE RECIPES & INFO
    https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/

I'm a 3rd degree KofC and stand in solidarity with our priests. I'm going to have a talk with my priest and my brother Knights to see how we can support him. We are about an hour away from that parish.
    ================================================== ===========
    Bible Prophesy forum - https://revelation.chat

"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

"I ain't got time to stand around here and discuiss trivial trivialities." - Barney Fife

The Woman no longer claims to be Catholic her mother was.The woman is an activist Proabortion an Pro Gay rights.This situation was a setup,designed to create a situation.The Bishop is weak .jk