Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Priest who denied communion to lesbian at funeral is placed on administrative leave b

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacra10 View Post
    I'm a 3rd degree KofC and stand in solidarity with our priests. I'm going to have a talk with my priest and my brother Knights to see how we can support him. We are about an hour away from that parish.
    3rd Degree also .... yes the Bishop is weak. Priest was spot on.

The priest could've been a little more helpful IMO. He could have shown her the way--to the closet. Maybe put a little sign over it: 'This closet is for all you damn dirty homo sodomite scum buckets'. The homo's wouldn't understand it so under it there would need to be another sign: 'You're going to burn in hell you filth'.

Maybe a few will get the message.

If YOU 'get' it, you can thank me now.

Last edited by Grantbo; 03-12-2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Grantbo's Misadventures <<< 40 stories of when Grantbo's life went horribly wrong

Default She's a buddhist, not a catholic. She has no right to communion!!!

Just when I was starting to have a little respect for the Catholic Church, they go back to punishing people who do the right thing.

This wasn't a Christian who chooses to live as a lesbian who walked up for communion. This is a BUDDHIST who thought that it would be cool to participate in the ceremony.

Taking communion is supposed to be a big thing in the Catholic Church. You are supposed to confess all your sins before you take communion. If you have sinned since your last confession, your supposed to not take communion that week. At least this is what the nuns taught back in my Catholic School days.

There is no way, under the Catholic tradition of giving communion, that this woman qualified to receive it. She's a non Catholic who is living in sin, therefore she has no right to communion.

I wouldn't demand that a Buddhist be forced to bend their rules for me. What right does she have to force a Church that she doesn't belong to, to bend their rules to suit her?

This is another perfect learning example of what is happening and has been happening to the Church .... The Church is only protected from Teaching Error . She is run by sinners like you and I .. Since Judas there has been those who's goal it is to bring Her down.

As those of us who have been awakened to the political and have tried to awaken others ..so too have we also had this war in the Church .... We were on forums just like this battling with the liberal Catholics in 98.

None of this is a surprise to some of us.... The Blessed Mother told us all this would pass in the Blue Book of the MMP to Fr Gobbi.

It sometimes amazes me here ... That some of you accept the prophetic word of a human .... But when Jesus sends His Mother to us to warn us .. all kinds of vile things spew from your fingers ...... See how evil works ?

Quote Originally Posted by DunDunDuuun View Post
    Taking communion when you shouldn't can get you killed:

1 Corinthians 11

23For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
    In which case the priest was loving her by keeping her from the wrath of God. At least as much as he was able.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

...And you will see more and more of this stuff in the coming days. it BEGS the question to prompt the hand of government intrusion and media meddling, which I've no doubt was the want and desire.

Everyone who puts their lips to that Blessed Sacrement is a Sinner, to include the Priest that confects it in the name of Jesus.

I'm really sure, based on that alone, that there has been more than seven gay's, put lips to Chalice in my Parish. None were attempting to do so for politics and attention.

The real reason they pulled the Priest was to attempt to keep it from being all about him, is my wager here. Just saying.

The cup is not to gain Salvation, but it IS the flesh and blood, because he said it was, and while the Priest WASN'T making presumptions as to who sinned where, for someone to attempt to do what she did, no matter the issue driving her attempt? I'd pour it into the Burse before I allowed her to even touch that Chalice.
    "You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19

The priest did not get suspended for the incident with Ms Johnson. He was supended.because of personnel issues...now, whetjer these surfaced as a result of the brouhaha over the funeral, or were simmering before hand, I don't know. But it seems as if the timing is not good. And yes, there are those who will make hay out of it, regardless of what the truth of the matter is.

Rachel
    "For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but, following their own desires will surround themselves with teachers who tickle their ears. They will stop listening to the truth and wander off to fables." (2 Timothy 4:3-4).

why should the church change its moral teaching to accept a practicing lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Who invented the ceremony of communion?

Give her the wafer. God will judge her, that is not the priest's job.

Christ Jesus Himself invented the ceremony of communinon at the Last Supper, that's Who. The Priest did right, had the woman been willing to repent then he could have given her communion.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by "Capt. Midnight" View Post
    ...And you will see more and more of this stuff in the coming days.
    Revelations 1 and the judgement of the seven churches comes to mind.
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.