Thread: Deathburgers Are Deadly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seems like everything out there is bad for you, and that being the case I will continue to enjoy my red meat.

Life is a sexually transmitted terminal condition.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Yes, but you die with a smile on your face.
    One day or Day one?

Your government in collusion with--------------, has determined that blah blab blah.
    Just makes me soooooo happy I could poop.

From the OP

Dr Frank Hu, co-author of the study, said: “Given the growing evidence that even modest amounts of red meat is associated with increased risk of chronic disease and premature death, 2.5 ounces (70 grams) per day seems generous. The bottom line is that we should make red meat only an occassional rather than regular part of our diet.”
    Sorry, I call BS. My parents raised angus cattle as a hobby. So they said. In reality, we were poor but had land from my grandparents. By raising beef, we could afford to eat. Eat we did, beef 6 days a week. A garden supplied our fruits and vegetables. Once in a while we slaughtered a chicken or pig. We ate well. Dad was killed by a tree at 83, Mom is almost 93. Nothing premature here. Perhaps the industry should look elsewhere for the cause of premature death.
    Last edited by Caregiver; 03-13-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Caregiver View Post
    From the OP

Sorry, I call BS. My parents raised angus cattle as a hobby. So they said. In reality, we were poor but had land from my grandparents. By raising beef, we could afford to eat. Eat we did, beef 6 days a week. A garden supplied our fruits and vegetables. Once in a while we slaughtered a chicken or pig. We ate well. Dad was killed by a tree at 83, Mom is almost 93. Nothing premature here. Perhaps the industry should look elsewhere for the cause of premature death.
    Ah, but back in the day much of the beef was devoid of all the little 'extras' that are now found in today's 'factory' produced products.
    From the pink slime (whatever that is), to antibiotics, growth hormones, and whatever else they're feeding these animals, we do see an increased risk of various diseases.

More than likely your grandparents raised 'clean' beef. That fact alone would more than likely make a big, big difference in health outcomes.
    mortuus republica imperii Vivant

Quote Originally Posted by Nanna View Post
    Ah, but back in the day much of the beef was devoid of all the little 'extras' that are now found in today's 'factory' produced products.
    From the pink slime (whatever that is), to antibiotics, growth hormones, and whatever else they're feeding these animals, we do see an increased risk of various diseases.

More than likely your grandparents raised 'clean' beef. That fact alone would more than likely make a big, big difference in health outcomes.

Exactly! Another instance of Big Gov looking out for our best interest. Not! TPTB are only interested in lining their pockets. Greed, Evil Greed runs Deep.

Believing Big Brother is not good for anyone. The people need to go back to the basics. BTW, that would make us terrorists in their eyes for not walking the .gov line.

It's not where you are, It's where your at!

Quote Originally Posted by Caregiver View Post
    From the OP

This is nothing more than big gov letting you know that what you eat will be THEIR decision.

I just had my first visit with my new Medicare doctor now That I have been forced into the system.

This woman was not interested in anything I had to say in regards to my concerns or needs regarding my health. After a 30 minute visit (the first doctor visit in 12 yrs) she said "you will eat no meat, dairy, or sweets, you can eat all the fruits, vege's and nuts you can afford" she then abruptly left the room!

This is the new Omamcare for those 65 and older and she denied me prescriptions I asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by MsPaulRevere View Post
    This is nothing more than big gov letting you know that what you eat will be THEIR decision.

I just had my first visit with my new Medicare doctor now That I have been forced into the system.

This woman was not interested in anything I had to say in regards to my concerns or needs regarding my health. After a 30 minute visit (the first doctor visit in 12 yrs) she said "you will eat no meat, dairy, or sweets, you can eat all the fruits, vege's and nuts you can afford" she then abruptly left the room!

This is the new Omamcare for those 65 and older and she denied me prescriptions I asked for.
    Next time you see that doc, tell her to kiss your *** .

Quote Originally Posted by MsPaulRevere View Post
    Yes the .gov wants us off the meat. This is the nudge.