Thread: Any small victories for the discouraged?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thankful I still have a job and even though the construction part is pretty slow, we are starting a new venture by growing hydroponic vegetables and it looks to be a promising venture!

I am going to vote today for the most conservative candidates for my area, along with my presidential hopeful candidate.

It is a beautiful day and Spring has sprung here in Lower Alabama - the azaleas have bloomed, along with many other flowers, the grass has already had to be mowed, and it looks like the rest of the week is going to be around the low 80s!

I find myself with a calm attitude and a smile every time I run across another woefully ignorant soul who will not be around to compete for resources.... I feel like Garfield after he has pushed Odie off the edge of the table.

Before you flame me, I used to get all upset and try and convert them......Now I realize the errors of my ways.

Default Wtf ?

Quote Originally Posted by PatDaly View Post
    I find myself with a calm attitude and a smile every time I run across another woefully ignorant soul who will not be around to compete for resources.... I feel like Garfield after he has pushed Odie off the edge of the table.

Before you flame me, I used to get all upset and try and convert them......Now I realize the errors of my ways.
    Oh ya, my dog can kick your cat's ass.

Did you do three tours in Iraq and slip a cog in Afghanistan due to PTSD recently?

Could we try to stay on topic here?

I weep for the future of this potentially uplifting thread.
    “Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” Winston Churchill

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Default Goats!

This spring, at dh's urging, I decided to cull my herd of dairy goats ruthlessly and upgrade as much as I can. So, I sold 6 bucklings and 3 milkers, and put a deposit down on a high-dollar, really, really nice doeling from a fine herd of purebred Nubians (pick her up next month). I sent off blood samples on my remaining buck and milking doe. Got the papers from the lab today (but the guy had called with the results a few days ago).....negative, negative, negative, on all the stuff I had them checked for! I was elated! I start with a clean herd, upgrade with a new doe, and improve a little each year. I am very happy.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by aerobat View Post
    Oh ya, my dog can kick your cat's ass.

Did you do three tours in Iraq and slip a cog in Afghanistan due to PTSD recently?

Could we try to stay on topic here?

I weep for the future of this potentially uplifting thread.
    Hmm, title is any small victories.

Realizing you can't save them all is a small victory in my book.