Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any small victories for the discouraged?

I find myself with a calm attitude and a smile every time I run across another woefully ignorant soul who will not be around to compete for resources.... I feel like Garfield after he has pushed Odie off the edge of the table.

Before you flame me, I used to get all upset and try and convert them......Now I realize the errors of my ways.

Default Wtf ?

Quote Originally Posted by PatDaly View Post
    I find myself with a calm attitude and a smile every time I run across another woefully ignorant soul who will not be around to compete for resources.... I feel like Garfield after he has pushed Odie off the edge of the table.

Before you flame me, I used to get all upset and try and convert them......Now I realize the errors of my ways.
    Oh ya, my dog can kick your cat's ass.

Did you do three tours in Iraq and slip a cog in Afghanistan due to PTSD recently?

Could we try to stay on topic here?

I weep for the future of this potentially uplifting thread.
    “Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” Winston Churchill

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Default Goats!

This spring, at dh's urging, I decided to cull my herd of dairy goats ruthlessly and upgrade as much as I can. So, I sold 6 bucklings and 3 milkers, and put a deposit down on a high-dollar, really, really nice doeling from a fine herd of purebred Nubians (pick her up next month). I sent off blood samples on my remaining buck and milking doe. Got the papers from the lab today (but the guy had called with the results a few days ago).....negative, negative, negative, on all the stuff I had them checked for! I was elated! I start with a clean herd, upgrade with a new doe, and improve a little each year. I am very happy.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by aerobat View Post
    If you could just find a roach in the ashtray your life would be grand.
    Rolling doobs is of an age long gone. Today's weed is of such quality, such refinement, such potency, that only a novice would roll it up in paper and smoke it. Quality weed deserves a quality bong.

The company meeting today gave me fresh energy in starting my little lapidary business and escaping the company hellhole while giving them the old one fingered salute. Also 2 of my pullets laid eggs.

Windy Ridge

Default I give up

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Or an epidemic of A D D.
    “Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” Winston Churchill

With Kommifornia dying and becoming a Third World Mini nation, my wife and I decided to make the break and begin our exodus to safety. We took a trip to one of the free-er states up north and looked for jobs. God has been nudging me for years to leave and something spoke to me about our current destination. If it's God's will, I will hear good news from possibly two employers. Then, once again becoming a honest provider for my family. It will mean moving, losing everything we own in Kommifornia and leaving my son to my horrid ex-wife, departing from family plus filing bankruptcy to survive. As bad as all that sounds, I am at peace with it. Steps and signs have been showing themselves to us for the past few weeks, so we are ready and seek His favor with our situation.
    When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the River of Truth, and tell the whole world.... "No, YOU MOVE."

It is better to die a free and armed man than a broke, imprisoned and unarmed one."

Found out today I do not have male breast cancer and what ever it is can easily be removed. Blessed be the name of our Lord Jesus. No problem w/ leaving this world but am greatly concerned leaving my beloved wife alone.

There is no "taking back America".

The only victory the discouraged have won is the last one. And that will be good enough for anyone.

11&counting, praise the Lord for your good report. prayers for you and your wife.

small victories, large victories fill my life each day from being able to get out of bed and walk each morning to still having some eyesight left to my beloved husbands tumor being benign, being able to pay the bills each month and getting by tho still unemployed, to having a home of our own, having gardens to grow our food, surviving winter and feeling spring in the air.

every day we have some kind of victory, and even tho things are hard for many of us, and getting harder we still have these little victories. i thank the Lord for each and every one of them.
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. Anything or anyone else are end times deceptions distracting us from fully knowing Christ. There is No Other.

CANNABIS MEDICINE RECIPES & INFO
    https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/