Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any small victories for the discouraged?

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    In the last few weeks I've had several people share how the Lord has drawn them into a
    closer walk with Him. This is what we need in these last days.

And having come to believe in Jesus in the first place is a major victory, perhaps the greatest. It's a simple thing to do, declaring one's belief in Jesus, yet it is so hard for some people to come to the point of doing it - witness various people on this very forum.

It's a victory to wake up each morning as a believer in Jesus Christ, by the Grace of God, and then to have Jesus to rely on through the day to give us one victory after another. And also to be able to look forward to the ultimate victory of being with Jesus in Heaven. With Jesus, it's all Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    11&counting, praise the Lord for your good report. prayers for you and your wife.

small victories, large victories fill my life each day from being able to get out of bed and walk each morning to still having some eyesight left to my beloved husbands tumor being benign, being able to pay the bills each month and getting by tho still unemployed, to having a home of our own, having gardens to grow our food, surviving winter and feeling spring in the air.

every day we have some kind of victory, and even tho things are hard for many of us, and getting harder we still have these little victories. i thank the Lord for each and every one of them.
    You're right, of course. I'm thankful for those kinds of victories myself. There are victories between here and the last one, and thank God for them.

Quote Originally Posted by aerobat View Post
    Oh ya, my dog can kick your cat's ass.

Did you do three tours in Iraq and slip a cog in Afghanistan due to PTSD recently?

Could we try to stay on topic here?

I weep for the future of this potentially uplifting thread.
    Hmm, title is any small victories.

Realizing you can't save them all is a small victory in my book.

In a small town in northern Mississippi tonight, a group of about 40 church going adults got a chance to learn how to garden organically -- using only free resources that would otherwise be channeled to the county landfill -- from probably the best organic gardening teacher (and Master Gardener) that I know.

These folks are interested in growing their own food and becoming more self sufficient.

They took another step towards that goal tonight...

The early spring like weather has green showing up in our cold frames.
    Selling just enough motors to pay the bills and add to our 'pantry'.
    Small construction/repair jobs continue to fall from heaven with impeccable timing.
    Scored a really nice little fishing boat yesterday at a super sweet price, (the dog is gonna love it).

The greatest 'victory' of all is that I have a good older friend interested in learning how to garden, he and his wife finally see the need after learning that his pension is being reduced at a time when food prices are sky rocketing. They are being forced into becoming less wasteful and more self sufficient. I can tell already that they are excited about learning new things while at the same time taking a little more control over their own lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    Here's my candidate:

Despite dire warnings of gun confiscation from the right, since beginning his term, the only firearms bill that Obama has signed has expanded carry rights.
    Well, just heard on the local news in our neck of the woods. DFW Gun range is building another facility in Frisco. They're breaking ground on a NINE MILLION DOLLAR GUN RANGE. Our little contribution for "let THEM eat cake."

AUnut is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Rolling doobs is of an age long gone. Today's weed is of such quality, such refinement, such potency, that only a novice would roll it up in paper and smoke it. Quality weed deserves a quality bong.

I long for the day of my Grafix, made right here in the ole USofA!

AUnut.

PS...we are close...lets get together someday.....
    Pro is the opposite of con, that is easily seen. So if progress is to move forward, what does congress mean? - Nipsey Russell