Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Afghan shooter was from Stryker brigade

Default Afghan shooter was from Stryker brigade

The source said the soldier was assigned on Feb. 1 to a village stability program in Belambai, half a mile from one of the villages where the attack took place Sunday. Villagers described an armed soldier moving through homes, shooting residents.

The village stability operations are part of NATO's efforts to transition out of Afghanistan. They pair special operations troops with local villagers chosen by village elders to become essentially a sanctioned, armed neighborhood watch.
    The 3rd Stryker Brigade, the brigade to which the accused soldier belongs, was the Army's first brigade to use the Stryker. The brigade deployed three times to Iraq before sending 2,500 soldiers to Afghanistan for the first time last December.

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-afgh...175222910.html

Default The inherent incompatibility of ...

the roles of warrior, peace officer, and humanitarian.

Only a schizophrenic could juggle these with complete comfort. And yet, we ask this of our soldiers.

Bottom line: We have no business or justification for being over there.

There is no rationale that our troops in this country are necessary to the Well-being of Americans.

We can NOT afford it, our country is sinking financially.

We are NOT appreciated by the people we try to help, we are NOT gaining friends and improving our image, we are making it worse.

We need to be OUT OF THERE.
    "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for,
    another person must work for without receiving."Adrian Rogers, 1931

Default It's getting blatant

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    Bottom line: We have no business or justification for being over there.

There is no rationale that our troops in this country are necessary to the Well-being of Americans.

We can NOT afford it, our country is sinking financially.

We are NOT appreciated by the people we try to help, we are NOT gaining friends and improving our image, we are making it worse.

We need to be OUT OF THERE.
    Delivered to that beach by the 'Global Force for Good'...

Toward the Sounds of Chaos

(new US Marines add) notice the food aid on the truck.

If they want to stop tyranny, then head up the Potamac and do a beach landing!

401st

Has the name of the shooter been released yet?
    SS

Someone needs to seriously look at Chuck. Gen Charles Jacoby. His history is filled with hiding the Army's problems wherever he goes. From building troop housing over a munitions dump in Alaska to writing the report on the Afghanistan prision scandal and burying it (Taguba wrote the one that became public on Abu Graib and was promptly casheried).

Stryker brigades under Chuck have had serious problems before. The man can smile to the politicians from his knees ignoring the blood of the soldiers under his command. As he moved up the line from one star to three he did it in Stryker brigades. Including the one this guy is from.

The hurricane relief Levin talks about here. Pretty funny because Human Rights Watch and Hounduras would still like some answers about the bodies that were left behind when LTC Jacoby left after his so called hurricane relief. A real wet job.

He was Hillary's personal general directing the Libya action. She had nothing but praise for the man. If a Clinton loves a military man that should be suspect right there.

Much more was on the net about Chuck. I have an entire file on the man and I have met him and his lovely wife Grace. He gave me the willy's. A souless evil little man.

Now he is in charge of the "homeland" if Korea attacks or we have a national emergency. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

http://www.levin.senate.gov/newsroom...ction=alltypes

General Jacoby has served as the Commanding General of the Multi-National Corps in Iraq, the Commanding General of I Corps, and the Commanding General of U.S. Army Alaska. He also served as the Commander of Southern Command’s Joint Task Force Bravo in Honduras, which provided counter-drug support, and he led relief operations for Hurricane Mitch – missions that are directly relevant to NORTHCOM’s missions. I would note that he is also a native of Michigan, and holds a Master’s degree in History from the University of Michigan, so that should seal the deal. .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    the roles of warrior, peace officer, and humanitarian.

Only a schizophrenic could juggle these with complete comfort. And yet, we ask this of our soldiers.
    my firstborn is over there right now. war is bad enough, but this added $hit is terrifying. i am so worried about him now, and this atrocity (even if committed by someone who had tota11y had a menta1 break, its sti11 a heinous act) is making things worse. much worse. instead our chi1dren are being ki11ed and maimed sti11 a decade 1ater-for what 1asting gain? satan's is1amic cu1t of death is f1ourishing.

my heart is tru1y getting hardened to these peop1e, that needed to be drug kicking and screaming to the 20th century. i hate fee1ing this way, but i no 1onger think they deserve our b1ood or treasure. they have been given the gift of being ab1e to grasp at freedom, se1f determination, and being a responsive participant in the modern wor1d. yet they piss on it at every turn. i am near the point of thinking we shou1d send in buses to bring out the few Christians and western co11aborators that want 1iberty, and 1et the rest get back to ki11ing and committing the interna1 atrocities the are so good at. another fence that shou1d be bui1t. 1ets stop supporting the insanity.

and i must be getting more than a bit paranoid myse1f. a1most my first fee1ing, other than the shock, was to wonder if it was ordered. did they find an unstab1e scapegoat, a sirhan with a uniform, if you get my drift???? i wou1dnt put it past some peop1e, for po1itica1 or phi1osophica1 purposes.

and it is sad that that wou1d even come to mind. i am just getting too o1d for this stuff. my mind cant wrap around a11 the evi1. satan tru1y must be pushing his own surge....God he1p us, and bind this evi1 and send it back to he11 where it be1ongs.

we need the armor of God as much as our troops need body armor. that's the on1y containment po1icy that ho1ds out any hope for us, i fear.
    Laura

Crazy is fractal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditious View Post

I signed up to try to become a US Marine on 22 DEC 1965. THAT, which was presented in that ad, was not why I wanted to be a Marine. Now over 46 years later, I am still a Marine but that ad SUCKS. That is NOT what the Marine Corps is all about.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

You have been banned for the following reason:
    continued trolling after warning- starting a fight in a news thread

There is great simularities between MAR 1968, MAR 1980 and MAR 2012.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

You have been banned for the following reason:
    continued trolling after warning- starting a fight in a news thread