Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hunger Games - What's wrong with it?

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
    A movie that I really liked was Paperclips. It is a documentary about a small school in Tennessee, I believe, who studied the Holocaust and learned a valuable lesson using visual images and discussions that they could understand. It is a powerful film.
    Sounds like a movie I watched some time ago called "War of the Buttons." Great movie.

My 18-yr-old ds read the first book in the Hunger Games, and saw the movie, and he didn't like either. When I asked him why he said they were boring. He said in the movie they spend most of their time running around in the bushes (and he said he didn't think the acting was that great), and in the book he said they spent most of their time talking. Just his opinion. I have neither read the book nor seen the movie. (Like Chicom, I don't do fiction very much.)
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

I read everything. All the time. I loved the Hunger Games and enjoyed the movie. The posters who are concerned about the appropriateness of the material have not read the books. Please, at least read it before you try to have a discussion about the material. Is it a work of art? Not by a long shot. But it is intelligent, thought-provoking and by and large very moralistic tale.

Quote Originally Posted by LabbyLove View Post
    Another article just found.

Is Hunger Games the NWO for teenagers?

more at link:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/moviesand...w-world-order/
    That quote was obviously written by someone who had never read the books. The poor people don't want to take part in these games. They hate them. They are forced to do so by the government as a reminder that they are never again to rise up against them.

Quote Originally Posted by larryinohio View Post
    This I KNOW!!! I will NEVER regret NOT going to see movies like this, now or in eternity. I know some people WILL though. If you don't poke the bee hive, chances are you won't get stung. If you DO poke at it, you never know what the end result will be!

I think God is knocking people off the fences in these last days. Things like these can show a person's true allegiance. Get mad at me if you want, but I'm not walking on egg shells anymore, trying not to upset anyone. If this post upsets you, your beef is not with me. Open your Bible and read it until you find the reason you are upset and then deal with Him about it.

Larry
    To misquote Uncle Duke:

...I'm a reasonable man, Larry, so I know you didn't just say anyone who watches the Hunger Games is an enemy of God and that they have also authorized any number of demonic attacks on their lives, persons, and anyone around them up to and including direct consignment to hell itself.

Because that sure is what it looked like in there...but then, I'm a reasonable man, so I know you can't have just launched a sweeping accusation campaign against everyone who saw a certain film.

...can you?

Quote Originally Posted by chel0524 View Post
    That quote was obviously written by someone who had never read the books.

You would be correct in your assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Pinky, you're right. In all of the movies like this now, it's not so much what is put in the movie as it's what is left out.

When the hero or heroine wins in these movies there is never any credit given to God for the victory. Victory is always shown as coming from the person himself or herself. It's a humanistic message, leaving God out of the picture at every step of the way.

They're conditioning the audience not even to think in terms of God at all.

That's the satanic aspect of it.
    How about "Book of Eli"?
    "I'm OK if they want to limit citizens, but don't tie the hands of law enforcement," said Craft, who said he used to employ drones as part of a narcotics task force in Harris County, which includes Houston.