Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama, Others, Weigh In On Trayvon Martin Case

Default Obama, Others, Weigh In On Trayvon Martin Case

Pres. Obama asked about Trayvon Martin: calls it a "tragedy"; "when I think about this boy, I think about my own kids."

More POTUS: "every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative to investigate every aspect of this"

VIDEO: President Obama weighs in on the Trayvon Martin case -

@NBCNews

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky) on Trayvon Martin case: 'It is an incredible tragedy of huge proportions, and I'm glad that it's being investigated and we'll take a look at it as the investigation moves along.' - @NBCNews

Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon'

President Obama weighed in Friday on the shooting of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin, calling it a national tragedy - and saying that the young man reminded him of his own children.

"When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids," Obama said in Rose Garden remarks. "I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this. And that everybody pull together."

Obama has come under fire from some black leaders for failing to comment on a case that has become a major national story — and brought thousands of Americans into the streets for demonstrations calling for the arrest of Martin's shooter. One black leader even wondered why Obama called a Georgetown student who was attacked by Rush Limbaugh, but not Martin's family. Obama's comments Friday represent the first time the president has addressed the growing controversy.

"My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said. "All of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves."

"Obviously this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through," Obama said. "All of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how something like this has happened."

More at:

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...on-118439.html
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Sharpton emcees racially-focused Sanford rally, warns against use of violence

SANFORD, Fla. — The Rev. Al Sharpton, an MSNBC host and liberal political figure, riled up a mostly-black Sanford, Fla., crowd on Thursday night in the wake of the killing of 17-year-old student Trayvon Martin.

“Some people said to me in the media — ‘Let me get this straight,’ they said. ‘Reverend, it seems like there’s a lot of people who are angry — are you afraid of violence?’” Sharpton preached to the central Floridian crowd. “I said, ‘No. I’m afraid of the violence you already had.’”

“Violence is killing Tray Martin,” Sharpton continued. “Don’t act like we are the ones [who are] violent. We didn’t shoot nobody.”

Despite his harsh rhetoric, Sharpton warned the thousands in attendance to avoid resorting to violence at all costs as the Martin case progresses. “I want our people to understand that how you behave is going to be a reflection on this case,” Sharpton instructed the crowd. “[No matter] how angry we get, don’t let them make you act in a way that they will say, ‘see, that’s what to think with Trayvon.’”

“We are going to act intelligent,” Sharpton said. “We going to act dignified. And, we’re going to be determined. We may be angry, but we’re not mad dogs. We’re too smart to fall for [that].”

Left-wing radio host Joe Madison — known as the “Black Eagle” — spoke about how he thinks the shooting of Martin is a sign of overt racism. “In America, we are culturally conditioned to believe that white is superior, black is inferior,” Madison said. “The manifestation of that cultural valuing is that black people are undervalued, underestimated and marginalized.”

Madison alleges that this incident was a “hate crime” and said that he, Sharpton, and the others who came to the rally, did so to “protect” other young men in Sanford and elsewhere. “And, let me say something to these Republican candidates, if I might,” Madison added with a hint of animosity in his tone. “Don’t you ever, ever say again that there aren’t any role models in America.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/22/sh...#ixzz1pxHmILLW
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Karen Finney, filling in for Martin Bashir, flat-out blamed the words of Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum for creating the environment that lead to the horrible shooting death of teen Trayvon Martin in Florida.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...Martin%20Death

Farrakhan Tweets: ‘Where There Is No Justice, There Will Be No Peace…Law of Retaliation May…Be Applied’

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan has been among the vocal voices weighing in on calls for justice for Trayvon Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old who was gunned down last month while walking home in Sanford, Florida. On Wednesday, a march was held in New York City in support of the teen’s family, as federal and local authorities launch investigations into how the incident unfolded and why the state’s “stand your ground” law applied to the shooter in this case.

On Twitter yesterday and today, Farrakhan sent some curious tweets regarding peace, justice and retaliation that could be interpreted as a veiled threat.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/farr...ay-be-applied/

More Trayvon Martin Walkouts at Miami Schools
    Students at several Miami high schools stage walkouts for slain teen

Hundreds of students at several South Florida high schools staged walkouts Friday morning in a massive protest against the lack of an arrest in the Trayvon Martin shooting.

Students from Miami Central, Miami Edison, Miami Norland, American Senior and William H. Turner High in Miami and Blanche Ely High School in Broward held walkouts.

At Miami Central and Turner, students were seen pouring out of the school buildings and into the streets just after 9 a.m.

Miami-Dade Schools Police spokesman Sgt. Ivan Silva said there had been no incidents reported.

"Our job is to make sure the demonstrations are being run in safe and peaceful manner," Silva said.

Read more:

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Trayvon...962536.html?dr

Default Zimmerman was on the ground being punched when he shot Trayvon Martin

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-c...ign-right-next

Last weekend in the city of Chicago alone, gangbangers slaughtered ten people and wounded another forty. The youngest fatality is only six years old. The youngest person wounded is only one-year-old. Many of the victim were pedestrians sprayed with bullets in drive by shootings. The national news has said nothing about this.
    So why does one shooting in Florida warrant weeks of national news? Why has there been thousands of articles a day, for the last four days, about one single shooting?
    Almost all of the news items about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin contains a combination of false statements, opinions presented as facts, transparent distortions, and a complete absence of some of the most relevant details. Almost all news items are written soley from the point of view of the grieving family. The media also fills their articles with outdated baby-faced pictures of Trayvon. Very few include that he was a towering 6'2” football player. Is the media really reporting the news, or is this classic agitation/propaganda to advance a political agenda.

Continue reading on Examiner.com

It's not where you are, It's where your at!

why don't they comment on things like this!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...a-Florida.html

ke I said Treyvon is Horst Wessel
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Hanging out at the Timberville gas station with Pablo, Skeeter, Cousin Biscuit, and Roland

I remember hearing the term rahowa (racial holy war) a number of years ago and wondered what that was all about. It looks like it is being touched off right in front of us.
    The skill set that it takes to be stupid and happy are vastly underrated within the framework of the current political / social / economic environment.

The boss says "stupid should be painful"...strange I only see it behaving much like cream and rising to the top.

IMHO, this is what is going to be used to start and spread race riots across the US
    Acts 9:10-12

In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Yes, Lord," he answered. The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."

George Zimmerman's father: My son is not racist, did not confront Trayvon Martin

Robert Zimmerman spoke exclusively Thursday to the Orlando Sentinel

The Sanford Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager, did not instigate the encounter but has received death threats and moved out of his home, his father told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday.

George Zimmerman, 28, has not been arrested, something that has put him and the Sanford Police Department at the center of a firestorm. Critics say Trayvon, who was visiting family from his home in Miami, was a victim of racial profiling.

Zimmerman's father, 64-year-old Robert Zimmerman of Lake Mary, delivered a one-page letter to the Sentinel on Thursday, saying that the depiction of his son in the media has been cruel and misleading.

George Zimmerman is Hispanic and grew up in a multiracial family, the statement says.

"He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever ...," the letter says. "The media portrayal of George as a racist could not be further from the truth."

The letter does not provide details about what happened Feb. 26 on a walkway in the gated community where George Zimmerman lives and where Trayvon was visiting. But it does challenge one basic assumption of the family's lawyers: that Zimmerman's intent when he got out of his sport utility vehicle was to confront Trayvon after calling police to report a suspicious person.

"At no time did George follow or confront Mr. Martin. When the true details of the event became public, and I hope that will be soon," the letter said, "everyone should be outraged by the treatment of George Zimmerman in the media."

Police have released little information about what happened that night and no details about how Trayvon and Zimmerman came to be face to face.

Read more:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1716605.story