Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama, Others, Weigh In On Trayvon Martin Case

If this young man was staying with family/friends; Why did they not tell him that there was a Watch group for the area? They had to have known. There must have been some trouble in the neighbohood.

It's all Bush's fault
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Why was he weaning a hood? People with hoods on when there isn't a drop of rain makes me suspicious that they are hiding something. We don't know what happened that evening but there are such incidents every day, what makes this one so special is the bias of the Media against concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Milehimama View Post
    You know something else that is tragic? Al Sharpton's mother died Thursday morning.

Notice what he's doing just hours after her passing. It's clear where his values are. I really didn't think I could hold "Rev." Sharpton in less esteem, but he keeps managing to sink lower.

He has a track record of trying to set up whites for issues that are not about race at all. The was the Twanya Browning case, the Duke Lacrosse case and now this one. Probably many others I don't know of. All he manages to do is stir up a lot of resentment of all parties and boost his national reputation. The day he leaves our world I will probably toast his passing. I don't care what the media or anyone else says but he and Jessie Jackson are two of the biggest racist in the US today and the media is to whipped to call them on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinwater View Post
    I know a couple of Sanford officers. My gun shop is only about 20 miles from there. I just got off the phone with one.

95% of what the media is "Reporting" is a lie or highly twisted and spun. Several congress critters and at least one senator have already used this to call for more gun control.

There is no way the shooter in this case will be convicted of anything if he gets a fair trial. He should be the one that is reported as a "Victim" in this case, not the "Suspect" .

If the state brings charges, and that is a big if he will probably beat them. The feds though will come in with these civil rights charges, care of Holder's (another racist) justice department and they will probably get the conviction (it will be called a criminal conviction but it is really a political conviction).

This is so weird, when you consider the facts coming to light. A month after the shooting, after the racist activists and the media get hold of it, you have a sudden major anti-gunner splash showing pictures of a clearly Hispanic guy with a Jewish German surname, (Zimmerman), calling him a "white man", (implying it was racially motivated), making a stalker and a vigilante out of him, and repeating over and over he shot a "child", (a 200 pound football player old enough to join the Army with parental consent), and going hard for the "stand your ground" law, which PROTECTS minorities, (along with everyone else), from violent crime, and has decidedly REDUCED violent crime stats there. The "child" was apparently hooded in very temperate climate, and may have assaulted Zimmerman for observing him. Does anyone teach their "children" where the word "hoodlum" comes from, and to avoid suspicious behavior, or not to dress like gang-bangers?

IF there is one honest real reporter left working, WHO is paying for all these new buses to transport people for demonstrations, and WHO is paying the people, or paying for the lodging and meals? Then we have zero stepping in and saying, "If I had a son, he would look like this" ?! The President is stooping to inflamatory, race-based rhetoric? I'm beginning to believe someone is doing their best to incite riot.

I don't claim to have all the facts, and know Sharpton, Jackson et al feel they need to stay in business, like surfers waiting for the next wave, but this is insane. Cleary a tragic thing for the family of the deceased, but even if Zimmerman turned out to be a nut case, it is simply no where in the ballpark of where they are taking it.

I know the double-standard and the blatant racism is obvious to any fair-minded person, but what, exactly, would be the media and the presidential response if "Anglo-Americans" took this type of hard line over the next black man who shot dead some young man of different ethnicity? Something like how Assad treats the average Syrian dissenter?

Tras
    "They who have put out the people's eyes reproach them of their blindness."
    John Milton, 1642

Quote Originally Posted by nframe View Post
    If this had been a white teen, none of this "outrage" would be happening. The whininess of blacks makes me sick, they've had 40+yrs to get things right and yet they still continue on with the white man holding me down BS.
    I agree 100%.

Everyone knows only saltines can be racist.
    "How is it possible to have a civil war?" - George Carlin

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot." - George Orwell

Back in the olden days, behavior like much of that surrounding the Zimmerman-Martin case was known as "waving the bloody shirt." For those not familiar with the term, answers.com describes it in part:

Bloody Shirt was part of the expression "waving the bloody shirt," referring to a political ploy used in campaigns during the Reconstruction period, following the Civil War. This term described the attempts made by radical northern Republicans to defeat southern Democrats by using impassioned oratory about bloody sacrifice designed to keep alive the hatreds and prejudices of the Civil War period. - http://www.answers.com/topic/bloody-shirt

Wikipedia says, more to the point: Waving the bloody shirt also has been used to define someone who brings up a past injustice or mistreatment in history to justify or cover up an injustice being committed in the present. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waving_the_bloody_shirt

There are an awful lot of people out there missing wonderful opportunities to "don't just say something, sit there." Unfortunately that number now includes the Resident himself. There are a few people who seem to have a grasp on reality, but not very many of them are getting much media play. That's funny, because the media always wants to portray itself as "journalists" - when what they seem to be most often in this case are rabble rousers.

Take a look at one person who has standing to comment on this case - Massad Ayoob, a defensive firearms trainer and a qualified expert witness in self defense cases: http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/Massa...-we-dont-know/ - GEORGE ZIMMERMAN AND TRAYVON MARTIN: WHAT WE DON’T KNOW.

And also Kenn Blanchard. He's a shooter and firearms rights advocate in his own right, among other things. Blanchard has a couple of blogs, but one of them is called Black Man With A Gun. Take a look at what he had to say several days ago at http://kennblanchard.com/comments-ab...orida-shooting (video, 3.58 minutes). You can see his blog at http://kennblanchard.com/ . For those who can't manage video, there is a transcript of Blanchard's remarks posted at http://www.ammoland.com/2012/03/20/n...#axzz1q0kvDqdn .

These two folks are among the most eminently qualified I know of to speak on the issue, and look what they both have to say. Consider how what they say differs from so much of the spittle-flying rhetoric surrounding this case.

And be careful what you say, until more facts are evident...
    Lost colonist

"Liberty is what we stand for. Liberty is what we champion. Liberty will prevail." - Jeff Cooper, "Cooper's Commentaries," Vol. 12 #1, January 2004 - http://www.molonlabe.net/Commentaries/jeff12.pdf

LISTEN! Jordan Page - "Liberty" (Acoustic version) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bitxwy6okn4

I don't get how shooting someone in the BACK of the HEAD is self defense.

This case is more about how the dumb ass cops handled it, rather than the actual shooting. But now that it is FUBAR it has become a racial issue, because it was a black kid that did not get justice.

Come on guys,... this goes wayyyyy beyond some Florida shooting.

Think back to the Whitehouse insiders interviews and exactly how Jarrett plans on running this election.
    This is only the first of many many racially charged incidents to come, and some probably at the hands of the WH itself.

This particular incident is serving 2 purposes..

Its reminding the voting public that the poor Kenyan needs another 4 years so we dont appear to be racists..

and its a wonderful diversion to the Sheriff Joe's investigation.

Booboo has spent more time speaking about this than he has about his own eligibility.
    And having that set up reporter ask just the right question so he could spout off at the mouth about it will go over the heads of many.. but not all of us.

oops.. just remembered a 3rd purpose... G U N CONTROL.!