Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KB Home has brutal first quarter.

If you think of all the gallons of fuel associated with the construction of a house and the thin margins that builders and subcontractors are on with the huge real estate surplus in many areas this is not going to be a good building season.
    One anecdotal observation I have been making is that I see a lot nicer and logoed contractor trucks in the morning hours at the local Home Depot. This indicates to me that the companies that had traditionally done new construction are doing more small remodel jobs.

high end remodels is about all thats goin on around atlanta right now.. pretty much nothing in the rest of north georgia..

Quote Originally Posted by TXBSAFH View Post
    My father was a home builder and carpenter, he taught his sons the trades. Back about 5 or so years ago my wife and I were looking at new homes. We looked a some KB homes, they were IMHO poorly constructed trash. I would not ever buy a KB home.

My dad is living in a KB Home, he's proud owner and thinks it's the dabombe! I think it's a piece of junk.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.