Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Slammed With Fukushima Radiation

Default California Slammed With Fukushima Radiation

California Slammed With Fukushima Radiation

3/30/12

The Journal Environmental Science and Technology reports in a new study that the Fukushima radiation plume contacted North America at California “with greatest exposure in central and southern California”, and that Southern California's seaweed tested over 500% higher for radioactive iodine-131 than anywhere else in the U.S. and Canada:
    Projected paths of the radioactive atmospheric plume emanating from the Fukushima reactors, best described as airborne particles or aerosols for 131I, 137Cs, and 35S, and subsequent atmospheric monitoring showed it coming in contact with the North American continent at California, with greatest exposure in central and southern California. Government monitoring sites in Anaheim (southern California) recorded peak airborne concentrations of 131I at 1.9 pCi m−3
    Anaheim is where Disneyland is located.
    EneNews summarizes the data:

Corona Del Mar (Highest in Southern California)
    • 2.5 Bq/gdwt (gram dry weight)= 2,500 Bq/kg of dry seaweed
    Santa Cruz (Highest in Central California)
    • 2.0 Bq/gdwt = 2,000 Bq/kg of dry seaweed
    Simon Fraser University in Canada also tested North American seaweed after Fukushima:
    • “In samples of dehydrated seaweed taken on March 15 near the North Vancouver SeaBus terminal, the count was zero; on March 22 it was 310 Bq per kilogram; and by March 28 it was 380 Bq/kg.” -Vancouver Sun
    • Seaweed in Seattle also tested positive for iodine-131; levels were not reported -KIRO
    • No results after March 28 were reported
    In addition, radioactive debris is starting to wash up on the Pacific Coast. And because the Japanese are burning radioactive materials instead of disposing of them, radioactive rain-outs will continue for some time … even on the Pacific Coast.
    Of course, the government is doing everything it can to help citizens cover up what’s occurring. We pointed out in January:
    Instead of doing much to try to protect their citizens from Fukushima, Japan, the U.S. and the EU all just raised the radiation levels they deem “safe”.

Nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen says that high-level friends in the State Department told him that Hillary Clinton signed a pact with her counterpart in Japan agreeing that the U.S. will continue buying seafood from Japan, despite that food not being tested for radioactive materials [see this].

And the Department of Energy is trying to replace the scientifically accepted model of the dangers of low dose radiation based on voodoo science. Specifically, DOE’s Lawrence Berkeley Labs used a mutant line of human cells in a petri dish which was able to repair damage from low doses of radiation, and extrapolated to the unsupported conclusion that everyone is immune to low doses of radiation….
    Indeed:
    American and Canadian authorities have virtually stopped monitoring airborne radiation, and are not testing fish for radiation. (Indeed, the EPA reacted to Fukushima by raising “acceptable” radiation levels.)

So – as in Japan – radiation is usually discovered by citizens and the handful of research scientists with funding to check, and not the government. See this, this, this, this, this and this.

The Japanese government’s entire strategy from day one has been to cover up the severity of the Fukushima accident. This has likely led to unnecessary, additional deaths.

Indeed, the core problem is that all of the world’s nuclear agencies are wholly captured by the nuclear industry … as are virtually all of the supposedly independent health agencies.

So the failure of the American, Canadian and other governments to test for and share results is making it difficult to hold an open scientific debate about what is happening.
    Read the rest here

I wonder how Hillary would respond if Youtube videos of shoppers with geiger counters testing their seafood starting popping up.

I guess it depends on what "if" means.

Stay out of the ocean and don't eat seafood or kelp products.
    It's just that simple. Airborn radiation from Japan will never be
    a major factor. Seaborn plumes can possibly pose a real risk.
    Avoiding products from the ocean will mitigate your risks.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default That makes little or no sense...

"In samples of dehydrated seaweed taken on March 15 near the North Vancouver SeaBus terminal, the count was zero; on March 22 it was 310 Bq per kilogram; and by March 28 it was 380 Bq/kg"

Presuming the number of counts is set proportional to radioactivity, as virtually anything found in nature will have some detectable radioactivity. This is called "background radiation".

Only if, say, the geiger counter was set to disregard counts below background level would the lead quote be logical (and then it would be misleading, even dishonest).

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    "In samples of dehydrated seaweed taken on March 15 near the North Vancouver SeaBus terminal, the count was zero; on March 22 it was 310 Bq per kilogram; and by March 28 it was 380 Bq/kg"

Presuming the number of counts is set proportional to radioactivity, as virtually anything found in nature will have some detectable radioactivity. This is called "background radiation".

Only if, say, the geiger counter was set to disregard counts below background level would the lead quote be logical (and then it would be misleading, even dishonest).
    Radiaton counts are just that......counts of discrete decay events.
    Without benchmark numbers and prior data for comparison it becomes
    extremely difficult to determine if a reading should be of concern or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to inject some DOOM here
    injested radiated elements are cumlative. Obama and the EPA will lie to Americans at the drop of a hat.
    Obama is likely pleased that he has another crisis he can use towards his Marxist ends. He intends to murder millions, this simply makes his work easier, what better than victims that dig thier own graves and pay for the privlege
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

I-131 has a relatively short half life if I remember correctly. Any that is the food will decay out in a short time.
    When ever I have to make a decision I ask myself WWDD (What would Dogbert do)

Never argue with an idiot. He is too stupid to understand and all you do is waste your time.

There are three evil forces in the world Greed, Fear and Ignorance.

http://enenews.com/40000000-bq-of-io...-likely-larger

40,000,000 Bq of iodine-131 in a single bed of kelp off Southern California — Amount most likely larger
    John 14:6 New Living Translation (NLT)

6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

How does enenews survive as alkalotic as they must be???
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    How does enenews survive as alkalotic as they must be???
    ?????.....Care to try that again?