Thread: Blister's - It's What's New for Spring!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

thank you.

Yes, wear gloves!

I've been known to wrap a strip of moleskin around my rake (as a grip) for the first session or two. I've also been know to add it to my feet or fingers where I typically get blisters *before* they start, and that works well if the temps aren't too hot.

I bought a bunch of these packs at a drug store close out a few years ago.

This is what packs of mole skin look like. I imagine you can find cheaper generics in your area.

http://www.medshopexpress.com/122649...FSQCQAodNzYc5A

As for treating them, I leave hand blisters alone if I can. Otherwise, I soak foot and hand blisters in warm water at the end of the day, pop and bandage them. I use wound pads all night and athletic tape and then drain it again in the morning (if necessary) and apply a band aid and moleskin (sometimes) on top (feet!)

Usually by week 2 working outside, it's no longer an issue.

Lavender essential oil is my favorite. It seals the skin, takes away the pain, is antibiotic and heals over night. Cost is about 5-10.00 for a half an ounce and it will last forever. One drop on the blister is all you need. I also use it for cuts and burns too.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbmountain View Post
    Lavender essential oil is my favorite. It seals the skin, takes away the pain, is antibiotic and heals over night. Cost is about 5-10.00 for a half an ounce and it will last forever. One drop on the blister is all you need. I also use it for cuts and burns too.

I have a bottle, will have to try it next time, will put that tidbit in my gardening book.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Good. And it smells wonderful. So you get relaxed and healed at the same time.