Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices Expected To Continuously Increase Through Summer

Quote Originally Posted by microcarl View Post
    What will you be doing when gasoline is $13.00 plus and Diesel is $20.00, here in the good ole U.S of A.?
    Gardening, mending fences, and maintaining a secure perimeter.

There won't be anywhere to go if gas prices rise to that level, especially in a relatively short time. Any remaining small businesses, "the backbone of America's economy" will dry up and blow away. Food stores will have few items, and what they do have will cost so much that no one could afford them. Most of this nation will be at the mercy of the federal government for handouts and medical care. And who is to say that the feds, made up of people, wouldn't also collapse under its own weight, greed, and individual self interest?

The U.S. is simply too big, too spread out, to be able to survive high gas prices like they have in Europe. Violence would flare, anarchy would prevail.

I paid 30.00 for half a tank the other day....I feel for people who have to commute to work, school etc.... I'm grateful live in a neighborhood where stores, errands are nearby...

Welcome to Panem, district 12. Would you like some oppression to go with your poverty and hunger?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BigFootsCousin View Post
    I'm just happy that there's STILL gas available for me to purchase.....
    BFC
    Good point. Perhaps we should enjoy it while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by nvscanman View Post
    I suspect that gas prices might.....just might, maybe hold steady or perhaps decline just
    a tiny bit over the next few months.....in anticipation of the chosen ones reannointing.

Once our Muslim in Chief has secured the prize he and his minions will cease the machinations
    they employ to hide bad news from the gullible electorate. Once that happens the brakes are
    off and they will work like yeoman to bring about Energy Secretary Chu's dream of gas prices in
    America equaling or exceeding Europes prices.
    Holding prices steady might work, presuming that by November the current painful levels have become accepted as the new normal. To really help during the election, though, prices have to come down significantly, if only to stop his opponent from saying things like "Gas was $1.79 when my opponent took office. What's the price today? Can you really say things are better?" I don't see that happening at least through this summer.

Also, even the current prices are starting to hurt the economy again. People are looking at $80 fill-ups and saying, "Well, there goes that new bathroom this year" and "Maybe we'll get to Yellowstone next summer."

I've seen speculation that he could try to cut a deal with Saudi Arabia or Russia to get them to increase production and bring prices down, but I don't believe either country has enough spare capacity to have much impact. Saudi announcements of increased production now have a market life measured in hours, rather than days or weeks. IMHO he knows he won't get markedly lower prices that way. So then he needs a reason, justification for saying, "It's not my fault."

Does anyone really think that three carrier battle groups and a marine expeditionary unit are all in and around Iran just for looks?
    Collapse now and avoid the rush!

Once that happens the brakes are off and they will work like yeoman to bring about Energy Secretary Chu's dream of gas prices in America equaling or exceeding Europe's prices.
    That would take one heckuva gasoline tax hike. How would he sell that to Congress? Perhaps as a way to fund the new national health plan? Or is it just a signature on an Executive Order?
    Collapse now and avoid the rush!

Default NW Washington State Gas Price

We have three refineries within 50 miles of us. Summer blend is out and we are paying $4.29 a gallon. We had a fire here in the BP Cherry Point refinery 1 mile from my house in early march. There are around 3000 workers here trying to get it back on line. BP has not announced when they will be back on line.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...017536784.html
    http://www.thenorthernlight.com/news...uries_reported

I've been prepping for this for years. I know the real cause and it is not Obama, as much as I would like to blame him. It is no secret but may be not 1 in 4000 know what it is. I do not like to be ridiculed. It will get worse, not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's Horseradish View Post
    I've been prepping for this for years. I know the real cause and it is not Obama, as much as I would like to blame him. It is no secret but may be not 1 in 4000 know what it is. I do not like to be ridiculed. It will get worse, not better.
    I fully agree except that, I think it is more like 1 in 100,000 know the truth!

It's going to get a lot worse!!!

Enjoy your life as you currently know is because, time is growing short.

Once the switch is flipped, you will be wishing you were still living in these days of waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Fred's Horseradish View Post

Lots worse. I'm convinced that decreasing energy availability is THE number one reason for all these draconian laws coming from DC. Those in power have seen what is coming and are scared out of their minds for what will happen when the heard stampeeds.

Well I am stuck...I travel 147 miles M-F to go to both jobs, this totally !
    "Let not your heart be disturbed. Do not fear that sickness, nor any other sickness or anguish. Am I not here, who is your Mother? Are you not under my protection? Am I not your health? Are you not happily within my fold? What else do you wish? Do not grieve nor be disturbed by anything."

~ Our Lady to Juan Diego, December 9, 1531