Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gas Prices Expected To Continuously Increase Through Summer

Americans angry with Obama over gas prices

(Reuters) - More than two-thirds of Americans disapprove of the way President Barack Obama is handling high gasoline prices, although most do not blame him for them, according to a Reuters/Ipsos online poll released on Tuesday.

Sixty-eight percent disapprove and 24 percent approve of how Obama is responding to price increases that have become one of the biggest issues in the 2012 presidential campaign.

In the past month, U.S. fuel prices have jumped about $0.30 per gallon to about $3.90 and the Republicans seeking to replace the Democrat in the November 6 election have seized upon the issue to attack his energy policies.

The disapproval reaches across party lines, potentially spelling trouble for Obama in the election, although the online survey showed voters hold oil companies or foreign countries more accountable than politicians for the price spike.

"Obama is getting heat for it but people aren't necessarily blaming him for it," said Chris Jackson, research director for Ipsos public affairs.

Majorities of Republicans, Democrats and independents all disapprove of the president's handling of gas prices, according to the online poll of 606 Americans conducted March 26-27.

Eighty-nine percent of Republicans said they disapproved, as did 52 percent of Democrats and 73 percent of independents.

"People are unhappy that they are having to pay $3.90 a gallon. They want somebody to be able to lash out at and the president is as good a person as anybody," Jackson said.

Read more:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82Q19Z20120327
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Obama and Peak Oil
    Posted on March 8, 2012

http://lazarus5712.wordpress.com/2012/03/08/331/

Interesting speech. Is Obama suggesting that we have passed Peak oil? In a recent interview, Steven Chu, Obama’s DOE (Department of Energy) Secretary stated that he did not care how high gas prices went. He was only interested in weaning America off of foreign oil. He also stated that his department was working closely with the IEA (International Energy Agency).

In Nov. 2011, the IEA published charts indicating that the world had passed peak oil in 2006. It would seem that Obama believes this as well.

There are some who believe that there is plenty of oil, and that the idea of Peak oil is being used to add additional controls on people, esp. through Agenda 21 and other similar programs.
    This may be the case. Whichever is true, we are just beginning to feel the costs to our wallets, our choices and our freedoms.
    Are you really using the musings and suppositions of someone's blog to try to show that "that person" believes in peak oil? "It would seem..." "Is [that person] suggesting..." Yep, that's definitive.

BTW, that last graf about Agenda 21 is not part of the original blog posting. I assume those are your words?

Fail. Total fail.
    Collapse now and avoid the rush!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    Are you really using the musings and suppositions of someone's blog to try to show that "that person" believes in peak oil? "It would seem..." "Is [that person] suggesting..." Yep, that's definitive.

BTW, that last graf about Agenda 21 is not part of the original blog posting. I assume those are your words?

Fail. Total fail.
    Nope, not my words. That is a clean c&p from the blog. The only fail is your eyesight. LULz

Maybe there is a shortage of oil and maybe there is not, but we know for a fact that we have large reserves of natural gas so instead of pushing expensive electric cars that don't go far and blow up your house why don't we start pushing cars powered by propane/natural gas. They would be as efficient as what we have now and would have far better range and fill up times compared to the electric toys they push.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    Maybe there is a shortage of oil and maybe there is not, but we know for a fact that we have large reserves of natural gas so instead of pushing expensive electric cars that don't go far and blow up your house why don't we start pushing cars powered by propane/natural gas. They would be as efficient as what we have now and would have far better range and fill up times compared to the electric toys they push.
    Any technology we have to "push" is a failed technology to begin with.

As I see it, the automobile fuel problem is not "how to get you to work". Anything from a bicycle to a hot air ballon would work for that. An electric car or natural gas car is quite fine for a passenger vehicle.

You can see the REAL problem anytime you go look at the interstate. Thousands upon thousands of trucks carrying BILLIONS of dollars worth of goods all around the nation. These semis carry up to 40 tons without special permits and many have the permits to carry much more.

Hauling 40 tons of groceries down the road requires something beyond an electric or natural gas engine. It requires the pulling power of a very large diesel engine and 18 speeds of transmission.

Since WW2 and cheap gasoline, America fundamentally restructured itself away from railroad lines. Go down to the tracks in any old town and you'll see depots and warehouses just rotting. This was how America used to get its goods and they'd get weeks at a time instead of a day's worth of goods arriving by semi each morning.

Unless Americans are willing to essentially rewire America to the 1910 model of population centers, agrarian living, and self-sufficiency then we are doomed as a nation.

The tracks are even gone. We are in trouble.
    "all they that hate me love death" Proverbs 8:36. Why do the heathen rage and the people image a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together against the LORD and against His Anointed." Ps 2:1,2. The agencies of evil are combining and consolidating, they are strengthening for the last great crisis."