Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New for me ...a way to cook zucchini

Default New for me ...a way to cook zucchini

My hubby won't eat much in the way of a green veggie. But I bought two tiny zuks the other day at the farmer's market. I cut them in half the long way. Sprinkled a bit of salt and pepper on them , put them on a baking sheet with a squeeze all the way down the veggie of sesame oil and kind of rubbed it in. Baked it in a hot oven as hubby was having FF. It was so yummy. Who would think something so simple would be so good.

We slice and batter them, and deep fry them and dip them in Ranch dressing...
    http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7777&dateline=1296255  909 Just exactly WHEN, is the law so corrupted that it is immoral to obey it ?
    Citizens of Nazi Germany failed to answer that question correctly. Will the citizens of 21stCentury America do the same ?
    Or will they regain control of their government before it is too late ?

We slice them, dip in tempura batter and fry, chop up and put in scrambled eggs. Really good.
    Pull my finger!

I guess to some people chains don't matter as long as they have the right letter on them. Frankly I don't want to be in chains.

"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause." Padme in Star Wars Episode III

Slice length ways, brush with olive oil, and grill on the BBQ. Salt & pepper to taste.

Toasted sesame oil might be good, too.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

Had some from the garden tonight.... just went old school. SPrinkled w some lemon pepper, dredged in flour, and fried w a little olive oil.

Had some the other night tho... sliced em thin, finely diced an onion, sateed em in a pan w olive oil and a little garlic. Added a splash of lemon juice at the end.... very, very good.
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

great ideas, everyone.......!

like o.c.,

just had some on the grill, excellent.......
    For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow..............Ecclesiastes 1:18

LORD please forgive us our unkind, unloving ways.........ALL OF US..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak

I picked one from the garden yesterday as big as my.....forearm.
    Mrs. Bear cooked it up with an Indian (dot, not feather) tikka masala and served it over basmati rice.

The flavor was FANTASTIC!
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

I like to fry them (sliced) and make zuke boats (halved longways and stuffed, bake in oven).

also the quiche with bisquick, eggs, and parm cheese and onion.

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post
    ...as big as my.....forearm...
    This thread wouldn't be complete without a reference to someone's ...forearm! Haha