Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: waist high garden boxes from pallets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

while we are connecting dots, i recognize the water catchment system from a post by Lraiser..

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...1&postcount=12

so now we also know who the vet she loves is..

yep, that's him

I adore, respect and love him more every day and we are in our 11th year of marriage, I could go on, but don't want to get too mushy on ya in a garden thread, lol

DH is out in the garden using our large propane tank burning the weeds so I don't cry over them or have to resort to chemicals (which goes against my grain), am sure he has other things he would rather do, so
    what's not to luv?

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    while we are connecting dots, i recognize the water catchment system from a post by Lraiser..

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...1&postcount=12

so now we also know who the vet she loves is..
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyvet View Post
    bending to garden is getting harder on us the older we get, DH is 6'6 and he has a long way to go to the ground, lol.
    we want to be able to keep on raising our own food and are planning ahead ways to do so as we age.

We got alot of free heavy duty pallets and he made waist high garden boxes that he lined with window screen and layers of cardboard to hold the dirt in and allow drainage.

here are some pics of just built ones and one filled with soil and transplanted strawberries, wow, no more grass and weeds,
    he is always my hero, I luv my vet!
    LMV...I did something similar but bigger...I made a 5ft X 10ft X 2 ft high
    raised bed garden and it's wonderful. I have a back injury and I can't lean over too much. This raised bed helps a great deal. I'm thinking of doing another one...all out of pallets and a lot of work. My biggest obstacle was the dirt I used in it. I don't have a truck so I loaded up 3 or 4-5 gal tubs and went every weekend to get dirt and fill up my garden. It took every Sunday, all summer long, and countless tubs of dirt and lots of work later and it was done. I had my first garden last year and considering it was my first one, it turned out great. rosie

therosary,

do you have any pics to share?
    would love to see what others do also.

we talked about making larger ones as the pallets are 12ft, but wanted to see how they turned out. I have a feeling DH has alot of waist high garden boxes in his future, lol
    The one drawback of them is getting the soil, but once they are filled, even over time, the work/expense will be minimal.
    ours are in the back area of the garden nearest the compost bins...

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyvet View Post
    he is always my hero, I luv my vet!

A-a-a-ahhhh......now I get it! Dh is your vet! Doh....
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    A-a-a-ahhhh......now I get it! Dh is your vet! Doh....
    yep, but I guess people may think I really love my veterinarian, lol

DH served close to 12 years in the US Marines and is a Viet Nam veteran, and I dearly luvmyvet!

Yeah - I finally got that distinction today myself - I thought she was in love with her vetrinarian!!! Silly me.