Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: waist high garden boxes from pallets

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyvet View Post
    he is always my hero, I luv my vet!

A-a-a-ahhhh......now I get it! Dh is your vet! Doh....
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

thanks Packy, I'm still unclear how to do the pics that way.

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    A-a-a-ahhhh......now I get it! Dh is your vet! Doh....
    yep, but I guess people may think I really love my veterinarian, lol

DH served close to 12 years in the US Marines and is a Viet Nam veteran, and I dearly luvmyvet!

Yeah - I finally got that distinction today myself - I thought she was in love with her vetrinarian!!! Silly me.

while we are connecting dots, i recognize the water catchment system from a post by Lraiser..

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...1&postcount=12

so now we also know who the vet she loves is..

yep, that's him

I adore, respect and love him more every day and we are in our 11th year of marriage, I could go on, but don't want to get too mushy on ya in a garden thread, lol

DH is out in the garden using our large propane tank burning the weeds so I don't cry over them or have to resort to chemicals (which goes against my grain), am sure he has other things he would rather do, so
    what's not to luv?

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    while we are connecting dots, i recognize the water catchment system from a post by Lraiser..

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...1&postcount=12

so now we also know who the vet she loves is..
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Gardengal... yep, it's well worth the money if it lets us keep being able to grow our food, huh? And it would be easy enough to add more padding... JoAnnes Fabrics (among many other sources) sell various thicknesses and grades of foam, and heavy vinyl or urethane fabric.

For planting rows of beans, peas (and even cukes, squash, etc if you aren't planting them on black plastic or landscape fabric mulch- I grow all my vines on plastic... I just can NOT keep up with them any other way), these seeders are worth every single penny!

http://www.amazon.com/Earthway-1001-.../dp/B00002N66A

I only use them for beans, peas and corn, but I've planted an acre of corn with one (when our tractor mounted 2 row planter wasn't working right... it's at our Amish neighbor's repair shop so I'm hoping I can go back to that... it's definitely MUCH faster! LOL!)

But man, they are SO quick and efficient. In fact, it takes me longer to dump out the few extra beans or peas when planting a pound of them than it does to plant them. No need to hoe out a trough, either... just till up the ground fairly well and set a string (if you want a straight row!) then follow the string with the planter. You plant as fast as you can walk, and NO bending!

I have all the plates, but really only use the corn, beans and pea plates. I grow things like carrots, beets, radishes, etc in wide rows, and broadcast the seeds. But for people who like to grow those in single rows, too, it would save tons of time.

Summerthyme

I scored one of the seeders at an auction a few years ago for $5 including 6 plates. Ordered all the rest, so I have a complete set "just in case" one of these days I HAVE to go back to row planting for volume. I could probably use it for beans and corn in my 8' beds, may have to give that a try.

we got ours last season and what a time and back saver!
    worth every penny, but planting a whole row of seeds goes so quickly, it almost feels like cheating, lol