Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: waist high garden boxes from pallets

Sorry it took so long to get to this.
    We have been dealing goats and bottle babies, then the storm knocked off the front of the barn. Also took a propane torch to the garden.

Anyway, they are nothing fancy, the hardest part was and is finding the pallets. I found a lumber company thatwas giving them away, so I loaded up with 8, 10 and 12 footers.

I used a cordless reciprocating saw, not suggested, because I went through batteries but I haven't got a corded saw yet.

Got a 12’ pallet

IMG_3298.jpg

Cut off (lengthwise) 2 slats. I used a reciprocating saw.

IMG_3300.jpg

Cut off another (length) 2 slats

IMG_3301.jpg

Now I cut off 5 slats worth.

IMG_3302.jpg

Took off the bottom boards

Placed on top with slats out.

IMG_3305.jpg

At this point I find out how long it needs to be and cut to length. I use the excess for the end boards. I got tired and used a 12’ treated 2x4, cut in 30 inch length for the legs. I could have used several slats but I really wanted it done, because my back was done.

The legs go from the top of the side slats to the ground and are screwed in at the 4x4’s

Only thing I somewhat know is attachments, I'm not sure how to post full size pictures.

I'm no veterinarian but I love with my wife (luvmyvet) though I do think she is a little partial to our real vet since she has made him cheese before.

Help ... guess I don't know attachments either
    Last edited by Lraiser; 04-04-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: help with pictures

Hey, you did good! It's understandable which is what counts on the homestead! LOL.

Summerthyme, thanks for those links on the little seats and kneeling pads. I showed the seat one to dh and he just ordered one for me. I've actually been looking for one of those for several years. I have a little bench seat made out of the same material, but it sits much higher and just doesn't do the job I need it to do.

gardengal