Thread: Two years after receiving full-face transplant

Default Two years after receiving full-face transplant

Despite losing her eyesight, lips, nose, and hands in a vicious attack by a rampaging chimpanzee in 2009, face transplant recipient Charla Nash says she feels at home in her new skin.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1q9E1FuyW

Ugh, so sad. It's hard for me to think I'd want to have survived something like that.

I really don't think I'd want to survive, either- blind and no hands? NO thank you.

But what pisses me off is she's suing the STATE... whereas, if they'd have taken "Travis" away from her friend BEFORE he attacked her, claiming he was a potentially dangerous animal and had to be put down, I'll guarantee she'd have been screaming bloody murder and supporting her friend's "rights" to have him as a pet!!!

CHIMPS are dangerous animals. An adult chimp is a potentially lethal threat.... always. They are WILD animals. They're stronger than any human, and in the wild, are major predators. The only one to blame here is herself, and the owner of the chimp. Period. It's a tragedy and a disaster, but it's NOT "the state's" fault!

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    I really don't think I'd want to survive, either- blind and no hands? NO thank you.

But what pisses me off is she's suing the STATE... whereas, if they'd have taken "Travis" away from her friend BEFORE he attacked her, claiming he was a potentially dangerous animal and had to be put down, I'll guarantee she'd have been screaming bloody murder and supporting her friend's "rights" to have him as a pet!!!

CHIMPS are dangerous animals. An adult chimp is a potentially lethal threat.... always. They are WILD animals. They're stronger than any human, and in the wild, are major predators. The only one to blame here is herself, and the owner of the chimp. Period. It's a tragedy and a disaster, but it's NOT "the state's" fault!

Summerthyme
    you right Summerthyme, that is like me telling these neighbors we had , don't let your kids play in the pasture, there is a bull, and a stallian in it. the mother said, oh then we will sue, I said no, then we will watch yo ugo to jail.
    some people are just stupid, and there isn't a cure for stupid. none.
    momof23goats

Quote Originally Posted by momof23goats View Post
    you right Summerthyme, that is like me telling these neighbors we had , don't let your kids play in the pasture, there is a bull, and a stallian in it. the mother said, oh then we will sue, I said no, then we will watch yo ugo to jail.
    your right I call it CFSS [Cant fix stupid syndrome ]

Default Summerthyme has the right

of it, as usual. It amazes me how stupid people can be in regard to animals, wild or otherwise. I sometimes think that there are too many people out there without any remnant of survival instincts left in them. Every animal has the potential to be dangerous, including those which have been domesticated for thousand of years. For crying out loud, we are dangerous under various circumstances, so why would anyone expect an adult Chimp to be less than that? I do feel very sorry for the woman, but not in the "there, but for the grace of God, go I" sense. Perhaps that's more pity than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by momof23goats View Post
    Time is the cure for stupid. Eventually these people kill themselves off in the process.
    "Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Did ya'll read down in the article where she said her friend, the owner of the chimp, who is now deceased, was more concerned about the chimp than she was about her? Whew!
    For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: Walk as children of light.

Since her "friend" (friends don't let their friends play with chimps" ) is now deceased...there's no one LEFT to sue but the state. The courts will probably award her millions that the tax payers will have to pay.