Thread: Household Budget Planners

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Red face Household Budget Planners

Anyone using a household budget planners aside from quicken or quickbooks??? I've tried using them and have concluded I'm an accounting retard as I cannot get them to work the way everyone says they should, and cannot afford a bookkeeper! Quickbooks and quicken I used when I had the retail business and I have to admit no longer having to use those programs has been one of the greatest joys in my life!

I see there are several online options, Dave Ramsey has some options as does mint.com

Thoughts, suggestions, and pitfalls I should avoid? I have a loose in my head budget but would love to get it down on paper, I do have excel on my machine but haven't really used it for the household.

Btw THIS thread is NOT about slamming those who don't have a budget written in stone!!!
    Last edited by packyderms_wife; 04-06-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.