Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manufacturers struggle to preserve shop math

Default Manufacturers struggle to preserve shop math

Manufacturers struggle to preserve shop mathManufacturers struggle to preserve shop math

Link:
    http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2012/03...-preserve.html
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]."
    [Daniel 12:10b]

What is even more important that the number of paper pallets the fork lift will carry weight wise is how many will the fork lift carry that will still allow for operator vision. Safety still trumps math.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

My now-retired wife owned a small manufacturing operation for crafts/hobbies for thirty years. Sold out in 2004. Her only job requirement for hiring was knowledge of reading fractions on a ruler. An amazing number of applicants could not. This was back pretty much in the last century. Lord only knows how much worse it is today.
    You're from BATFE? Come right in! I use all your fine products!

further back in the holler than i was last week

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrat View Post
    My now-retired wife owned a small manufacturing operation for crafts/hobbies for thirty years. Sold out in 2004. Her only job requirement for hiring was knowledge of reading fractions on a ruler. An amazing number of applicants could not. This was back pretty much in the last century. Lord only knows how much worse it is today.
    i learned in 7th grade shop class from mr. howard (alias monkey man)! hed beat your a$$ with a paddle cut out in the shape of a baseball bat with woodgrain formica on both sides (the kind that was on the school desktops) if you called him monkey man. he did look like a monkey (he was a white guy)!. i learned a lot from him! he also said a "ruler" rules a country. its a rule! thanks for bringing back some old memories!
    ===============================
    you can't explain crazy 'cause crazy's crazy!!
    just cause youre paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you!
    Veritas vos liberabit

Gee kytom. Your Mr. Howard and my Mr. Flanders must have gone to the same schools. It was always "ou know the ruuules." Only teacher that ever gave me detention.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

Man went to the moon because scientists in the 60's could read a slide rule.
    Why is owning pets better than owning kids? Because if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

The Daily Economist
    http://www.thedailyeconomist.com

Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    Gee kytom. Your Mr. Howard and my Mr. Flanders must have gone to the same schools. It was always "ou know the ruuules." Only teacher that ever gave me detention.
    Probably because breaking the rules in his class could leave you minus a few fingers!!

My SIL is a technology teacher, and you couldn't PAY me enough to do his job.. trying to supervise 25+ adolescents around multiple power tools, with 95% or more of the kids having never handled so much as a screwdriver, much less a table saw... no, thank you!

We're teaching his 2 1/2 year old how to use a ruler. All the grandkids will be taught how to use basic tools, build things, drive tractors, ride horses, and grow food. Fortunately, their parents agree that skills are vital.

Summerthyme

We have been trying to hire someone to help with tank gauging and cannot find people who can read a measuring tape. Our 3rd grade teacher taught us how to use and read a ruler. Thank you Mrs. Hailey.

A week ago, I stopped at the local Farm & Fleet for 800 pounds of livestock salt. I met a store employee at a pallet that contained roughly 30 bags.

Anyway, the store employee who would be in his mid 50's, removed a calculator from his shirt pocket. I was puzzled as I watched him. These salt bags are the standard 50 pounds.

He punched at the keys and said that would be 16 bags.

Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    What is even more important that the number of paper pallets the fork lift will carry weight wise is how many will the fork lift carry that will still allow for operator vision. Safety still trumps math.
    And you still had to use math to reach the conclusion of what was considered safe
    Sin is not just breaking God’s laws; it is breaking His heart."
    --Pastor Adrian Rogers, Founder of Love Worth Finding ministry