Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the Volt save you

Default Can the Volt save you

Thats Durbins presumption.. Typical Democratic scare tactic...
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...your_life.html

These electric cars don't have the carbon footprint of gas vehicles, that is true, but what is the matter with China and us and everyone else putting carbon in the air? I think the Dems are just trying to avoid the federal tax on gas and the high gas prices too. Its not about the carbon or the warming like they say.

I hope all Republicans don't follow this plan too or the governments gas tax collections will be way down. I don't think electric or hybrid cars and their solar charge panels, will catch on unless the gas prices hit $5+ a gallon and I don't see that happening soon, do you?

There are diesel cars in other nations that get up to 70 MPG, but the EPA (and big oil?) doesn't allow them to be imported into the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by jonvideo View Post
    These electric cars don't have the carbon footprint of gas vehicles, that is true,
    Not quite true - electricity comes mostly from fossil fuels.
    ---
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson, 1816

Why are we in a Carbon is bad mode......carbon came from nature,,,nature has a way to deal with carbon , I see all this exception proving the rule thinking nowadays. God has a plan and he will rise again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX5uSguogQM

Andy Cherry.....Our Gods alive!!
    Tread carefully when walking on others freedoms because yours are on the same path.

Quote Originally Posted by niceguy View Post
    Not quite true - electricity comes mostly from fossil fuels.
    Exactly!

The fuel to generate electricity needs to be extracted from the source.

The fuel to generate electricity needs to be transported.

The fuel to generate electricity has an conversion or effeciency loss.

Charging the battery has an effeciency loss.

The energy resources in making the batterie has a huge energy cost.

The disposal of the spent battery has a yet, untold disposal cost.

The energy used in making the battery and disposing of the battery will more likely excede the useful energy that the battery can store and provide over the course of it's useful lifetime.

The replacement cost of the battry, it has been said, will cost between 1/3 and 1/2 of the cost of the vehicle.

The useful range is about 40 miles per charge, degrading over time. Where I drive 50 miles to and from work each way, an electric car will not serve any practacle purpose - it simply doesn't have the range.

Technology is great. But, misapplied technology is worse than no technology at all!

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/04/05/c...akes-27-years/

Or you could buy the Nissian Leaf, it takes a little less time to reach payback.
    Yea, I'm gonna buy a 29 thousand dollar car that goes 100 miles between charges
    and takes 20 hours to recharge.

A good movie to watch is Who Killed The Electric Car?
    It is about GM and the EV1
    Sin is not just breaking God’s laws; it is breaking His heart."
    --Pastor Adrian Rogers, Founder of Love Worth Finding ministry

If going green is the only reason you buy an electric car,You have to drive it a while for it to be effective.....Granted fossil fuels won't be here forever...
    http://theweek.com/article/index/216...he-environment

They messed up by building electric cars to be like an everyday gas car. If they just built a simple no frills electric car, like the original VW Bug, that cost about $6,000 it would sell. A car only driving locally does not need any frills, just basics.

It seems the only way the truth gets acknowledged any more is through the courts
    and even that is iffy.
    The case is toiling around in the Virginia court system with University of Virginia spending millions to block discovery.

But on a second front in Vancouver, BC.
    Canadian climatologist Tim Ball jokingly wrote that "Mann should not be at Penn State but in a State Pen[itentiary]." Mann then improvidently sued Ball for libel. But this now leaves Mann open for the pre-trial discovery process, including a deposition under oath. We shall see how this case develops. Tim Ball has many ways to make his case in his defense. I am hoping he will focus on the suppressed post-1978 data. It would be fitting if Mann's data are used to destroy the IPCC's case for AGW.
    Short but good article: Climategate Heads to Court
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Obama: "I do listen to the Dreams of my Father... John 8:44"