Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle East Regional Watch Thread - Week of 04/08 - 04/15

Arrow Report: Second round of nuclear talks to be held in Baghdad

According to Iranian network PressTV, Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) announced that the first round of the fresh talks between Tehran and the P5+1 will be held in the Turkish city of Istanbul, and the second will be in Baghdad.

“Following several rounds of negotiations between the deputies of (SNSC secretary) Saeed Jalili and (EU foreign policy chief) Catherine Ashton, the two sides agreed to hold the first round of talks on Saturday, April 14 in Istanbul and the second round in Baghdad,” the council’s secretariat announced on Monday. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...214232,00.html
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Exclamation Activists: Syrian forces bombard town, killing 30

Syrian military forces killed at least 30 people on Monday, mostly women and children, when they bombarded a town in the central province of Hama, local activists said.

They said 17 children and eight women were among those killed in al-Latmana, northwest of the city of Hama. Activists said 40 people were killed in an army attack on the same town two days earlier. (AP) http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...214313,00.html
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Exclamation

09 April 2012, 15:17 Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: Security forces shot dead 35 people in Hama’s countryside, most of them women and children.

Exclamation Turkey: We will take 'necessary measures' if Syria cross-border shooting repeats

The Turkish Foreign Ministry condemned today the shooting of six people in a Turkish refugee camp by Syrian forces firing across the border.

The ministry said in a statement that Turkey would take "necessary measures" if the shooting incident repeated.

"The civilians who fled the violence in Syria to seek refuge in our country are under full protection of Turkey," the statement said. "This fact has been told to the Syrian chargé d'affaires in precise and strong manner."

The statement called on the Syrian regime to cease acts of violence on civilians.
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tur...&NewsCatID=338

Iraqi Vice President al-Hashemi in Istanbul 'for a short time': CNNTürk_

Exclamation

15:32AFP: SNC says Syria regime's new conditions for peace plan 'unacceptable'
    15:01Syria not adhering to Annan plan, Britain says
    14:45Al-Arabiya: Syrian forces killed 34 people Tuesday, activists say
    14:42France says Syria’s claim on peace plan a “flagrant lie”

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/Default.aspx#ixzz1rdrxlSjB

Exclamation US: Iran must halt nuclear program

Days before six powers, Tehran embark on atom talks, Washington says Iran must
    abide by Security Council resolutions, bring uranium enrichment to complete stop
    . http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...214404,00.html

Exclamation Israeli officials see Syria falling into battle between al-Qaida, Iran

Israeli officials are also concerned about reports showing Syrian weapons falling into Hezbollah's hands, though it is still unclear whether the Shi'ite organization has gotten hold of chemical weapons.http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-e...-iran-1.423455

Lightbulb Dark days ahead for sure

16:02
    Iran Intelligence Ministry: Iran arrests members of alleged Israeli terrorist group (Reuters)

15:47 Syrian activists: Reports of government fallback are false, attacks continue (AP)

15:32 Erdogan slams Assad for killing dozens 'every day' (Reuters)

14:25 Egypt court blocks creation of new constitutional assembly (Reuters)

14:08 Syrian official: Turkey carries much of the responsibility for ongoing violence in Syria (DPA)

Exclamation Activists: At least 26 dead in Homs attacks

At least 26 people were killed on Tuesday in the Syrian army's bombardment of the Bayada and Khalidiya districts of the city of Homs, activists said.

"They are attacking Bayada with mortars from three different locations. People have taken refuge in some schools and now some of the schools have been hit," said one activist who identified himself as Abu Yasser. "We have at least 20 martyrs and 70 wounded, most of them women and children," he told Reuters by telephone. (Reuters)http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...214672,00.html