Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DHS Preparing For Civil War In The US?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinmen Takezo View Post
    No, not Sorcha Fal.

Russia Times is a Russian based network that broadcasts in English to the USA.
    Russia Times is using a novel weapon against the USA...

It's called: Truth.

Which is something you don't hear on our own news networks.

ST
    Russia Today...fantastic reporting. Their presentation feels like BBC done by high school kids. Anyway, not slick but factual.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBSAFH View Post
    I have a friend who works for Dept of State Diplomatic Security, they only practice with the same rounds they carry for duty and they are hollow points. Same with many local PD's.
    More gubmint waste ... but I guess as long as it's someone else's money, who gives a @#@#.

Quote Originally Posted by opticsguy View Post
    ... BHO's last year in office (2016)
    Maybe longer! He'll have more flexibilty then, don't ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post
    Btw, is anyone putting together a list of which agency is getting what?
    I mean, there's about 67 Federal Agencies. Most of them are placing orders for ammunition which makes it a bit confusing.

Anyone putting a list together of who's getting what?
    http://pprnnews.prepperpodcast.com/i...#ixzz1quDf37OZ
    It looks like DHS isn’t the only ammunition hog in the United States

FBI: 100,000,000 https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=1
    U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services: 13,500
    https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=0
    1. Remington Frangible .40 Caliber Pistol Ammunition - 2,500 rounds
    2. Remington .40 Caliber Pistol Ammunition (180 grain) Full Metal Jacket - 6,000 rounds
    3. Remington .223 Caliber Rifle Ammunition (62 grain) Full Metal Jacket - 3,000 rounds
    4. Remington FX Marking Cartridges (9 mm) - 2,000 rounds

USDA: 326,000
    http://theintelhub.com/2012/04/04/us...n-round-order/

DHS: 450 Million [+ 2 million in 2009]

US Forest Service (USDA): 300,000
    Breakdown:
    (1) 40 caliber, 180 grain, 120,000 rounds or equivalent,
    (2) 9 mm, 124 grain, 50,000 rounds or equivalent,
    (3) .38 caliber, 135 grain, 10,000 rounds or equivalent,
    (4) .380 caliber, 90 grain, 6,000 rounds or equivalent,
    (5) .223 caliber, 64 grain, 87,500 rounds or equivalent,
    (6) 12 gauge 00 buck, 15,000 rounds or equivalent,
    (7) 40 caliber frangible, 10,000 rounds or equivalent,
    ( 9 caliber frangible, 10,000 rounds or equivalent,
    (9) .223 caliber frangible, 10,000 rounds or equivalent,
    (10) 12 gauge 1 oz slug, 7,500 rounds or equivalent

It's about time for the FBI to buy some new pistol ammo as their last contract (which was won by winchester for both their 9mm and .40 caliber ammunition) was reaching the end of its 5-year run. Most likely, they will either renew their contract with winchester or federal will win it with their HST or tactical bonded ammunition.

Pistol ammunition which has used bonded bullets have won the last two FBI pistol ammo contracts so I wouldn't be surprised to see a bonded bullet selected this time again. If that's the case again then you can rule out the HST round as it isn't a bonded round. About 10 years ago, Speer won the .40 caliber contract with their 165 grain gold dot bullet and five years ago winchester won with their ranger bonded ammunition (in both 9mm and .40 caliber). According to winchester, the ranger bonded ammo is exactly like the commercial pdx1 ammo in all ways except in the name (ranger vs pdx1).

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories, Former USA

Does the .fedgov really prepare for large scale war with nearly exclusively pistol ammo purchases? I saw some small amounts of .223 mentioned in BugOutBear's lists, but no .308 or 7.62 or .50 cal. I mean, large purchases of .40 cal is tantamount to preparing for civil war?? I'm having a hard time buying into that premise.

That said, this country is already toast, and it got that way without firing a shot. There may be small pockets of resistance to whatever the next phase of tyranny is, but all-out civil war? I don't think Americans have the stones for it. Most will acquiesce, as they already have. Of course, present company is excluded by and large, but even if every single one of us met up and joined forces with the Storm Front types of forum members, we'd be overrun like a child's sand castle when the bulldozer cleans up the beach in the morning.

But if they really are preparing for civil war with pistols, maybe we have a better chance than the above suggests. Where's the meet point?

Blues

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    ...But if they really are preparing for civil war with pistols, maybe we have a better chance than the above suggests. Where's the meet point?

Blues
    With todays no winners no losers mentality, maybe it's their way of not hurting our feelings

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    Russia Today...fantastic reporting. Their presentation feels like BBC done by high school kids. Anyway, not slick but factual.
    We get the 24/7 RT news feed here and you would not believe the stuff that they broadcast compared to the usual American MSM. A good majority of the stuff that gets discussed on this forum and other news sites that would be considered "alt news" is the headline news and is actively covered everyday.

You are right, their presentation is a bit behind the times, but its news - it was never meant to be entertainment like most of the MSM out there today. Their reporters are actually reporting rather than just commenting which seems to be the norm for most news outlets these days.

RT's financial and economic coverage is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Does the .fedgov really prepare for large scale war with nearly exclusively pistol ammo purchases? I saw some small amounts of .223 mentioned in BugOutBear's lists, but no .308 or 7.62 or .50 cal. I mean, large purchases of .40 cal is tantamount to preparing for civil war?? I'm having a hard time buying into that premise.

That said, this country is already toast, and it got that way without firing a shot. There may be small pockets of resistance to whatever the next phase of tyranny is, but all-out civil war? I don't think Americans have the stones for it. Most will acquiesce, as they already have. Of course, present company is excluded by and large, but even if every single one of us met up and joined forces with the Storm Front types of forum members, we'd be overrun like a child's sand castle when the bulldozer cleans up the beach in the morning.

But if they really are preparing for civil war with pistols, maybe we have a better chance than the above suggests. Where's the meet point?

Blues

The military does not use .40 so perhaps a lot of the calibers common to
    both DHS and .mil will be sourced via the usual chain and only non .mil
    calibers will be sourced separately.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well if they're getting ready, it is not t ohelp the white folks, yo ucan be sure of that, or the pres. would not have made the remark that he did, and he would stop this.
    since he is silient I guess he approves.
    sad day for sure.
    lock and load. and don't go any place alone. and not empty handed.
    momof23goats

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Bullwinkle View Post
    That order is for hollow points.
    They can not be used for a military operation.
    There is no point in ordering hollow points for target practice.

Those bullets are only for killing Americans.

Actually considering that this is the government placing the order there is more than a good chance that many of these rounds are destined for being used as target practice. The fact that they are or aren't hollow points was probably not even a consideration when placing the order when trying to distinguish between the rounds being used for target practice vs the rounds to be distributed for deployment to the field.

To think otherwise is to give some stupid bureaucrat way to much credit for having the ability to think logically. And if you believe, even for a second that the person placing the order was worried about what was most cost effective for the tax payer and usage you have forgotten that this is the government that we are talking about.