Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: breaking news:Syria fires into turkey

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation breaking news:Syria fires into turkey

Turkey: Three wounded as Syrian forces fire over border Turkey says Syrian forces fired across the border at a refugee camp, wounding a Turkish translator and at least two Syrian refugees.

A government official, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with government rules, says Turkey immediately summoned the Syrian charge d'affaires and asked that the fire be halted.

He says two refugees and one Turkish citizen, a translator, were wounded inside the camp near the town of Kilis in the southwestern Gaziantep province.

It was the first such attack since Turkey began sheltering thousands of refugees last summer. More than 24,000 refugees have crossed from Syria into Turkey.
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

this is dumb, turkey will strike .
    momof23goats

Three wounded. Sounds like very little fire, and restraint on the part of Turkey. Not good, but without more information it's not necessarily ominous.

good restraint on the part of Turkey yep. but where is there breaking point?
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Exclamation update:Turkey: Three wounded as Syrian forces fire over border

Syrian forces fired across the border at protesters at a refugee camp in Turkey today, wounding a Turkish translator and at least two Syrian refugees, in the first such attack since Turkey began sheltering thousands of refugees last summer, authorities said.

Turkish deputy foreign minister, meanwhile, said April 10 Syria military withdrawal deadline was now void and a new stage was to begin on Tuesday, Reuters reported.

A government official, speaking on condition of anonymity in line with government rules, said Turkey immediately protested the incident to the Syrian charge d'affaires and asked that the fire be halted, the Associated Press reported.

Two refugees and one Turkish citizen, a translator, were wounded inside the camp near the town of Kilis in the southwestern Gaziantep province, he said.

Gaziantep Gov. Yusuf Odabaş said the translator had entered the camp to try to help calm a protest against the Syrian regime. Border crossings from Syria into the Kilis area were stopped after the attack, the governor said.

Turkish security forces were reinforced in the well-marked border area following the attack, state television said.

Odabas said, meanwhile, that two of 13 Syrians who had been wounded in clashes inside Syria and were brought to Kilis for treatment earlier Monday have died.

More than 24,000 refugees have crossed from Syria into Turkey. Syrian forces are escalating attacks across the country to try to crush a 13-month uprising against President Bashar Assad.

Separately, a leading international human rights group said Syrian forces have summarily executed more than 100 people, most of them civilians. This includes several mass executions in the restive provinces of Homs and Idlib, Monday's report by Human Rights Watch said.

The New-York-based group says it only included cases corroborated by witnesses but has received more reports of similar incidents. The executions took place over the past four months, with most in March.

An internationally brokered truce requires Syrian forces to pull out of population centers by Tuesday. But Assad's government now wants guarantees that rebels will lay down their arms.
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tur...&NewsCatID=341

Exclamation Syrian forces fire at refugees in Turkey; deaths reported

Government official says Syrian forces attacked refugee camp near Kilis; AFP says 4 killed . State TV: Turkish forces reinforced http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...214184,00.html

Exclamation Report: Turkish minister says April 10 Syria deadline void

Turkey's Deputy Foreign Minister Naci Koru said on Monday an April 10 deadline for Syria to pull back its troops under the terms of a UN peace plan was void and that a new stage would begin on Tuesday, Turkish broadcaster NTV reported.http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...214199,00.html well this could get ugly soon folks

thanks for keeping us updated. shaping up to be an interesting week.

I was wondering how long it we be before this happened. Either attacks on the camps or spec op attempts on the generals who defected. Frankly, I'm surprised it has taken so long. Assad may have concluded that Edrogen is all talk because he hasn't shot first.

Agree, it will be an interesting week.

Exclamation breaking:TV cameraman shot dead on Lebanon-Syria border

boy is Assad stirring the pot
    BEIRUT - A cameraman for Lebanon's Al-Jadeed television channel was shot dead on Monday near Lebanon's northern border with Syria, the television channel said.

Sources at the channel said cameraman Ali Shaaban was killed and an Al-Jadeed colleague was wounded in the shooting which took place in the border region between Syria and Lebanon's northern Wadi Khaled district. There were no other immediate details of the incident. http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=265392