Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: breaking news:Syria fires into turkey

Quote Originally Posted by DOOMER DOUG View Post
    Doomer Doug has long said "it" will go bang when Assad junior gets tired of letting the FSA use secure Turkish bases for launching attacks inside Syria.

this is the same situation the US had in vietnam where the VC and NVA would use both Cambodia and Laos for resupply and regrouping for attacks into vietnam. There is no way Assad junior would tolerate that for long, and in fact Doomer Doug is amazed he hasn't hit Turkey before.

the "western coalition" has been arming, training and supplying the FSA for several months now with little Syrian response. Turkey can't be so stupid they don't understand at some point, which looks to be right now, Assad junior wouldn't start cross border attacks into turkey to disrupt this logistics and support structure. For all intents and purposes Assad junior has now made it very clear to Turkey any further FSA support inside Turkey will be considered an act of war and Syria will respond with military force.

This whole situation has played out on a much slower fuse than Doomer Doug thought back in 2011, but the fuse is lit; the fuse is getting shorter. At some point, Assad is going to roll the dice and really go after the FSA and its proxy supporters: INSIDE THE STAGING AREAS IN LEBANON, TURKEY AND JORDAN. Assad junior has to do this or he will simply be overwhelmed by an increasingly well supplied, trained and effective FSA. Assad junior is no fool and he realizes if he does nothing to disrupt the border FSA bases he will eventually lose power. And if Assad junior has made one thing very clear it is he will not go quietly.

Turkey clearly understands their blanket support for the FSA is now going to mean offensive military actions inside Turkey by the Syrian military. The reports Turkey is massing troops on the border tells Doomer Doug Turkey has gotten Assad junior's message. Turkey will either cease support for the FSA, or they will engage in active military operations against the Syrian military, either inside Turkey or inside Syria.

Yep, Daniel the fecal material is being prepared.
    always love your input DD i agree going to get ugly soon.
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Annan is expected to stay for a few hours in Turkey and leave for his original destination in Iran later in the day.
    James Lloyd is probably coming out of his skin right about now.
    Waiting for His Return.

1John 4:8,16 He that loves not knows not God; for God is love. And we have known and believed the love that God has toward us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.

Exclamation Tension at Turkish border turns world focus on Syria

The world’s eyes turn to the Turkish-Syrian border as key figures come to Hatay amid hectic diplomacy on the Arab republic and the Annan plan’s deadline International envoy to Syria Kofi Annan said there should be no preconditions to halting the violence in Syria and appealed to all sides to comply with the truce deadline of April 12 at 6:00 a.m. Eastern European Summer Time (EEST).

“I again appeal to the Syrian government and the Syrian parties to cease violence in accordance [with] the plan,” he said at a news conference held at the airport in the Hatay province of southern Turkey, where he visited Syrian refugee camps. “I believe there should be no preconditions for stopping violence.”

Annan said yesterday the U.N. Security Council would take up the issue and was expected to write a letter to the Security Council yesterday.

“On the question of whether the plan is succeeding or failing, I believe it is a bit too early to say that the plan has failed. The plan is still on the table,” he said at the joint press conference with Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Beşir Atalay. “We still have time between now and the 12th [of April] to stop violence,” he said.

Annan said he had seen many refugee camps before and the Syrian refugee camps in Turkey are some of the best. The number of Syrian refugees staying in Turkey has reached 24,288 according to AFAD.

Atalay said the U.N. Security Council should step in and fulfill its responsibilities if the Syrian regime does not cooperate with the implementation of the peace plan. Annan said there is an increasing flow of people from Syria to Turkey, which points to an escalation of violence or another issue. Annan said this flow of people over the border cannot be explained with anything else.

Annan said he had information that the Syrian military was withdrawing from some areas but moving to others not previously targeted. He appealed to all sides to stop the violence.

Activists who supply much of the information coming from sites in Syria such as Homs, Hama and Idlib say attacks by the Syrian army have not diminished. The main Syrian opposition group estimated that some 1,000 people have been killed in regime attacks in the week leading up to Tuesday’s withdrawal deadline. Fighting on Tuesday claimed the lives of at least 29 civilians and 11 regime soldiers, activists said.

U.S. senators John McCain and Joe Lieberman also visited a tent-site in Hatay yesterday and talked with Syrians who had fled to Turkey from Syria. Lieberman and McCain met with Syrian National Council leader Burhan Ghalioun on April 9 and also with Free Syrian Army leaders in Hatay, according to Lieberman. He said the two groups told them it was an unfair fight. “They don’t have the weapons Assad has they said,” Lieberman said, adding that the anger they have about the killings Assad conducted was deep. McCain said they met with Turkish President Abdullah Gül but did not discuss the details of the needs of Syrian opposition in Turkey. McCain said SNC and FSA have almost no division in their stances on the issue. “See you in Damascus next year,” McCain said.

US presses UN Security Council ahead of Syria report

The United States said yesterday that it hoped the UN Security Council would consider action if Annan concludes that Syria’s government broke troop withdrawal commitments. White House spokesman Jay Carney said Washington was waiting for Annan’s assessment of the situation, but so far had only seen evidence of further “brutality and aggression” from President Bashar al-Assad’s forces. “We would certainly hope the UN Security Council would evaluate the situation in Syria if in fact Annan finds that the Assad regime has not abided by its own commitments to begin withdrawal by today,” Carney said.

Carney, speaking aboard Air Force One, said the US would work with its partners and other nations in the aftermath of Annan’s letter to decide what the next steps to take are regarding Syria http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ten...&NewsCatID=338
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Exclamation Turkey presses UN over border violation

Ankara increased diplomatic pressure on U.N. Security Council members, urging for further action against Syria as the crisis becomes a “border security issue” for Turkey.

Syrian forces fired shots across the Turkish border into a refugee camp April 9, wounding six people in the first case of Syrian bullets crossing into Turkish territory since the crisis began.

Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoğlu skipped the Shanghai leg of an official China trip and returned to Turkey last night in order to be present in person or via teleconference when foreign ministers of the Group of Eight (G major economies meet in Washington today. Davutoğlu has taken several telephone calls over the past two days with U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and his counterparts from China, France, Russia, the U.K. and the U.S. Davutoğlu expressed concern over the recent shooting at the border, an incident Ankara described as a “border violation.” The incident is a “clear violation” of the common border between the two countries, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan told reporters in Beijing. “Obviously we will take the necessary measures.” Davutoğlu also said the issue with Syria was becoming “a problem of border security” when speaking to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and others. U.K. Foreign Secretary William Hague told Davutoğlu over the phone that the U.K. was ready to provide Turkey with assistance for Syrian refugees. Lavrov said yesterday Turkey assured them it would not take a unilateral step on Syria. Davutoğlu also called Annan to discuss recent updates to the Syria situation. Meanwhile, Erdoğan is due to visit Saudi Arabia on April 12 and 13 to discuss the Syria issue.http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tur...&NewsCatID=338

Exclamation

20:24 Diplomatic efforts to halt Syria's bloodshed have "failed" and the world must send military aid to rebels to stop further slaughter, US Senator John McCain said Tuesday at a refugee camp in Turkey.

To read more: http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticl...#ixzz1rgClc7GG

Default Bingo bango bongo!!!!!!!!!!

Well Daniel the blob from Arizona just NAILED IT. Yes indeed now that Turkey a NATO member is involved the pressure will become unstoppable. Amazing how it happened 48 hours after Easter isn't it.

the drumbeat for humanitarian corridors and no fly zones is all but finished IMHO.

got your whiskey preps in place<G>
    Doomer Doug has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available on Amazon Kindle. The url is
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by DOOMER DOUG View Post
    Well Daniel the blob from Arizona just NAILED IT. Yes indeed now that Turkey a NATO member is involved the pressure will become unstoppable. Amazing how it happened 48 hours after Easter isn't it.

the drumbeat for humanitarian corridors and no fly zones is all but finished IMHO.

got your whiskey preps in place<G>
    certainly looks that way D D NOT TO MENTION IRAN AND NORTH KOREA

Talking NK

DD figures that kim jung junior won't be allowed out of the play room anytime soon Daniel. he he he

The adults running things won't push things too far IMHO. Just give junior a rattle and a swift kick if he gets too upity.
    Doomer Doug has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available on Amazon Kindle. The url is
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

My prediction that Russian troops will start popping up in Syria, may be coming soon...

That's the feeling I got watching the Russian and Syrian Foreign ministers press conference in Russia..

A big BEAR surprise in for NATO and Turkey...

Illinois 35 miles beyond the Chicago Mafia's reach

Question

When I was in Turkey I soon discovered that the Turks had no love for the Arabs by which they called Syrians. It struck me more like an inbred hatred.

To call a Turk an Arab was a big BIG mistake that we Americans avoided at all costs.

And now the Syrian makes a fatal(?) mistake of firing into Turkey.

My only question is who do the Turks hate more?

The Arabs or the Greeks?
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand