Thread: Sterno Stove - Alternitive fuel source.

Default Sterno Stove - Alternitive fuel source.

I have a few of these Sterno Stoves. I even have a double burner that I got a year or so ago. The other day while pondering an upcoming project for this summer, I happened to see one of my single burner Sterno Stoves sitting across the room, and the idea for this video popped into my head.

The Versatile Sterno Stove - YouTube

I did it last weekend, but have been so busy hopping around here, work, and other places that I needed to be, and haven't had a chance to get in here and post it till now.
    Hope you all enjoy it, and as I get a bit better with the camera and learning to edit and download videos, I'll have a few others that I'll share with everyone.

So remember, even if your Sterno and your alcohol stores run out.......this works just fine. The pieces have to be smaller, and you need to feed it more often (had to do it three times to get to a boil when I did this), but it works fine just the same.

By the way, since I posted the video, I found out that the reason that the wood shredded, was because of being cut with the grain...not because the saw was dull ( although it still was).
    Last edited by DIM TIM; 04-28-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Spelling and punctuation