Thread: Children's clothing

Default Children's clothing

If a person felt called to stock up on warm winter coats and shoes and boots for the neighbor children, where would a person look for good sale prices at this time? Thank you.

Yard sales, thrift stores and there might even be a few sale rack items left at Walmart, Target and other stores, although that's a long shot at this point.
    He said to them,"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36

Thrift stores usually mark down seasonal stuff. I've found that ebay sometimes has some deals if you spend the time to look.
    "I'm OK if they want to limit citizens, but don't tie the hands of law enforcement," said Craft, who said he used to employ drones as part of a narcotics task force in Harris County, which includes Houston.

In Oregon, Goodwill has one store that sells all of it's clothes by the pound. I think the other Goodwill stores send their leftovers there. Anyway, you could call your local Goodwill and see if there's a per-pound store near you.

But, for the money, I have always found garage sales to be the best option for kid's clothes.

Freecycle

Our Sandpoint Freecycle always has people giving away children's clothes.

I would also look at Craigslist and post a Want ad on Facebook garage sale.

So many people are giving away kid's clothes I sure wouldn't spend any money except for socks and underware.

A neat program in our town is at our local library. They have a coat rack outside where people bring their unwanted coats. If you see one you like, you grab it. I've gotten down, wool and even fur coats for my children and myself.

We also have a free clothing room at our local food bank. They get so many clothes they push bagfuls on you.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Thank you, All.