Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Could you live in a 12'x12' cabin with no water or electricity?

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    As long as I have hubby, I'm home.

Summerthyme
    Amen.

I can add a little to that one...

As long as I have my Hubby, I WILL always have a home! That man could build us a shelter easily... :) Yes, agree with Summerthyme, where Hubby is, my heart and home is.

Smile I totally agree ...

Wherever my man, friend, lover and hubby is ... I am home. He is the better half of me.

True!

For all practical purposes, though, at my age, I'd like a tiny bit more space than 12' x 12' if there are going to be two of us and a lot of really bad weather that's going to keep us in that small space.

Either that or erect a work shed where he can go build things or putter.

Long-time married couples who've spend awhile in a travel trailer or single-wide mobile home know exactly what I mean.

Red face that would've been nice...

...but too stationary..
    In my early 20s (for 3 1/2 years) I walked most of the eastern seaboard, writing songs, with a tiny 2man tent, a WW2 USAF issue sleeping bag(w/wool liner), an acoustic guitar in a gig bag, 2 changes of clothes, a chessboard, the I-ching, a notebook, pens, a pocket knife, a leatherman, a water bottle,a leather stetson, jacket and a mess kit.....I wore out 1 tent, 2 pair of Wolverine boots, a ton of pens and notebooks.....and my knees...but I got a few hundred songs out of the experience...
    BOHICA

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    True!

For all practical purposes, though, at my age, I'd like a tiny bit more space than 12' x 12' if there are going to be two of us and a lot of really bad weather that's going to keep us in that small space.

Long-time married couples who've spend awhile in a travel trailer or single-wide mobile home know exactly what I mean.
    ^^^^

This. Pw an artist and me a woodworker. Work shed is a must even if open air. We need space to not kill each other. As in not stepping on each other.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    True!

As a woman who loves being with her DH and doesn't care if we are in close quarters? We camp out in our Camper, have a 19ft Travel Trailer, and also now have a 21ft Glasply with a Cuddy Cabin (fishing/camping trips here we come)! We could live like that for some time, however, for longer term arrangments, I could see living in a 12 X 12, which is a lot more space. Thing is, wants are totally different than needs. When challenged by a TOLer, about space, I figured out what I REALLY needed, if we weren't running (3) businesses... Primarily, my sewing machine/supplies, kitchen stuff (love those cast irons...), books, and some productive supplies (to make functional stuff out of). I also looked closely at my books and although I could easily cut out 75%, just 25% is well over 100. Yet, they would fit, with tall bookcases! We would have a loft and it would be just fine... DH would have the major issues, as he has a Machinist/Welding Shop. Even if he didn't have to run his business, he would still need all of his machinery/tools, as they represent what he does, and enables him to create, fabricate, build, machine, and fix an incredible variety of things. So, we would need a shop for him!

When we got married, we lived for two years in a single wide mobile. It would have been fine, except I had two teens, who had rooms built onto the garage (DH built them right after we married). Our honeymoon was spent in a 24ft Motorhome, for 13 days, and we had the best time of our lives camping along the Oregon & Washington Coast!