Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yahoo news flash

Default celtic-cat

you probably have closer insights, but i think you substantiate my comment in that this is not what it seems on the surface news report. we'll probably never know the truth here. it stinks like diverted choppers and dead seal teams. Too bad there's no 'media' to investigate anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic-cat View Post
    Some 15 years ago I dated a secret service agent whose responsibilities included persons inside the White House. I met a great many of the other agents in the presidential/vice presidential team.

Believe me, these guys do *not* cavort.

They are the most straight edge, uptight, serious, "jock" types on the face of the planet. Some of them occasionally drink too much on their days off, usually tailgating at a sporting event (they are able to get tickets to the best, sold out events). Most don't drink at all. A lot of them are divorced, due to the wretched and demanding schedule. Very few have any political views at all, at least none that they will discuss or admit to, as many of them serve during multiple administrations. They kind of reminded me of Joe Friday from the old Dragnet show..."just the facts, ma'am". To these guys it's not just a job, it's a solemn responsibility. If they are on the "team" and out of country, they are NEVER off duty. If they are anywhere near a prostitute, it's because the person that they are guarding is seeing a prostitute.

It takes YEARS of service in the agency to make it to the level of guarding the president or vice president and their families. There are no rookie agents in that position, nor are there any young persons. They are at a minimum in their late 30s and they have been agents with spotless records for at least 10-15 years. I can't believe for a moment that any one of them would take the risk of losing their entire career, built over their entire working life to play around. Besides, these guys are also totally paranoid. They are always thinking twenty steps ahead about every horrible thing that could happen and how to avoid it.

This story just doesn't hang together for me.

When you hang around evil for long periods of time (like the ENTIRE Obama administration), you will have a tendency to pick up that frequency.
    Why is owning pets better than owning kids? Because if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

The Daily Economist
    http://www.thedailyeconomist.com

Quote Originally Posted by argonath View Post
    When you hang around evil for long periods of time (like the ENTIRE Obama administration), you will have a tendency to pick up that frequency.
    Dude, you simply don't understand the mindset of these guys. They never, ever, ever hang out with their targets. They have a deeply ingrained committment which does not allow them to consider that target as a person but as an object, as if they were protecting the crown jewels or the holy grail or somesuch. For the most part, the officials being guarded and their families treat these guys like some kind of servant and demand that they hold dog leashes, carry packages and fetch things. They don't, of course, they just send a message to have a gofer do it, all the while maintaining a fake respect and a stone face.

They usually dislike the officials, personally, but that has no bearing on the seriousness of their duty to protect them. If the "target" were to be harmed, they consider it a personal failure of the highest degree, even if they think that this person is a complete waste of skin. Their job is to protect regardless of their opinion of the character or worth of the person.

Most of my contact was during the Clinton administration. Most of the agents were very conservative. Do the math. They did their job to the very best of their ability, despite their distaste for the views and highjinks of the officials that they guarded. It comes with the territory.

The lack of character of the officials *cannot* rub off on the agent, because the agent holds himself separate from the official. This stoicism takes quite a toll on the agents ability to form close relationships, I might add. That is one of the reasons (besides lots of long hours, travel and inability to talk about their "day") why a majority of agents have very unsuccessful personal lives and divorce is rampant.

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

USSS EPS is THE POSITION at the TOP of the food chain in Executive Protection.

They were NOT playin with a whore.

They are the Which of Which there is no Whicher....

They are walking trigger pullers and walking bullet catchers. Period.
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/