Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 New Ways to Use Magic Erasers

Thumbs up 20 New Ways to Use Magic Erasers

From Mr. Clean's original "magic eraser" to the generic options, eraser cleaning blocks have made cleaning easier, less messy and dare we say...even fun! Sure, these foam blocks can get the gunk off walls (sometimes even upholstery if you're careful) and other household surfaces, but there are so many more uses for these little blocks of heaven. Here are 20 unusual uses for an eraser block to make the most of your spring cleaning time:

Quick Tip: Cut up one eraser block into four little blocks. It'll make your purchase last longer, and, it'll make it easier for you to get into smaller nooks and crannies.

More: http://www.diylife.com/2011/08/12/magic-erasers/

I am even amazed how well they work.

I LOVE THOSE THINGS!!

But what the heck is IN them that makes them work so magically?

Here's one that a friend swears by.Poor some cheap shampoo on one and rub down glass shower doors. Then just wipe it off. She said it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by psychgirl View Post
    I LOVE THOSE THINGS!!

But what the heck is IN them that makes them work so magically?
    MELAMINE.

Summerthyme

Default From A Response At The Link

4-25-2011 @12:13AM
    D said...

The best thing ever invented for cleaning next to soap! I get mine at the 99 cent store. Yes they are a knock off brand but they are the very same thing. Walmart also has their own brand of them in the cleaning aisle. I do tend to cut them in to the size I need so even my 99 cent store ones last longer. They clean things that other things couldnt. I always keep a stack of them on hand. I dont know what they are made of but I will always buy them, I hope they never stop making them.

http://www.diylife.com/2011/08/12/ma...ers/2#comments

I was looking on youtube on the best way to clean a bathtub and i saw these erasure videos. I bought some and even i am AMAZED how well they clean - even though i still sprinkled Comet on them when i cleaned the bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra1 View Post
    4-25-2011 @12:13AM
    D said...

The best thing ever invented for cleaning next to soap! I get mine at the 99 cent store. Yes they are a knock off brand but they are the very same thing. Walmart also has their own brand of them in the cleaning aisle. I do tend to cut them in to the size I need so even my 99 cent store ones last longer. They clean things that other things couldnt. I always keep a stack of them on hand. I dont know what they are made of but I will always buy them, I hope they never stop making them.

http://www.diylife.com/2011/08/12/ma...ers/2#comments
    Yeah, I buy them when they go on sale. I tried the knock-off Kroger brand and they aren't as good. Maybe I'll try a different kind next time.

Default Successful Experiment

I took a wet towel and wiped the outside of the refrigerator to mainly get it wet and took a (DRY) Magic Erasure and cleaned the outside of the refrigerator. Then after that i took the wet towel again and wiped off the outside of the refrigerator. It is nice and clean now.

My Point: Will the Magic Erasures last longer when they are used when DRY?

I've never used them, but I'll try a generic one on grout.

I used them when I used to clean a dentist office floor. It had some kind of wax like gunk on the lenoleum. Took it off with some elbow grease when nothing else would.