Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Try this cake!

Default Try this cake!

I made this at Christmas for gifts and took it to a party. For being so simple you won't believe how yummy it is! Sometimes those little recipes printed in the newspaper are the best ones...... I have people asking for this one!

Directions and ingredients:

Butter Pecan cake mix
    One can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk ( what recipe isn't good using Eagle Brand?)
    Heath Bar chips, (or just use crushed nuts/any candy bar you have; it will work)

Bake cake. When it's done and still warm, poke holes all over it, pour the Eagle Brand over the top, then sprinkle the Heath bits.

If possible, serve slightly warm with some whipped cream You'll love it!

This sounds really yummy!!

Replace the cake mix above with a dark chocolate cake mix and add one cup of coconut and a half bag of dark chocolate chips with those heath bar chips and see what you get then!!!
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

I gained five pounds reading this thread.
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

A friend sent me this recipe that she makes all the time. I can't have a whole cake setting around because I'll eat the whole thing. LOL

I would think you can add the Condensed Milk and Heath bar when it comes out of the microwave.

3, 2, 1 Cake

This is perfect for those of us with just one or two in the house these days, & hate to make a huge cake.

This way you can make 1, 2, 3, or as many as you need.

3, 2, 1 CAKE
    These individual little cakes are amazing and ready to eat in one minute! They are perfect
    for whenever you feel like a treat without all the fat and calories that cake can have. Genius idea!

INGREDIENTS:
    1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor

DIRECTIONS:
    In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take
    out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe
    container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual little cake!
    KEEP remaining cake mixture stored in the zip loc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top
    each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

Helpful Tips:
    This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need to remember is
    "3 tablespoons mix, 2 tablespoons water, 1 minute in the microwave!"

TRY various flavors of cake mix like carrot, red velvet, pineapple, lemon, orange, etc. Just remember that one of the mixes has
    to be the angel food mix; the other is your choice. The flavor possibilities are endless!

NOTES:
    The best thing is, you open both cake mixes into a gallon storage bag, one that 'zip locks' or 'self-seals', or a
    container that seals tightly, shake the two cake mixes to blend and then make the recipe. Storage of mix is simple, put it on a shelf. No need to refrigerate, since the mix is dry. Always remember, that one of the cake mixes MUST be Angel Food.

The other can be any flavor. The Angel Food is the cake mix that has the eggs whites in it. So, if, anyone is allergic to egg whites,

you can NOT serve this recipe.

NOTE: Write the recipe on the bag or write it on a small index card and drop it into the bag for later reference. Also a good idea if you have kids that want a snack, but you don't want to bake a whole cake.
    A friend tried the carrot cake box mix saying:

Use the carrot cake and angel food. It does work but if you use the carrot, as I did, then when you mix it up with the water, let it sit a minute before you put in the microwave so the water can soften the carrots and raisins

These recipes sound really great! I am going to try all of them!
    He said to them,"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by MtnGal View Post
    A friend sent me this recipe that she makes all the time. I can't have a whole cake setting around because I'll eat the whole thing. LOL

I would think you can add the Condensed Milk and Heath bar when it comes out of the microwave.

3, 2, 1 Cake

This is perfect for those of us with just one or two in the house these days, & hate to make a huge cake.

This way you can make 1, 2, 3, or as many as you need.

3, 2, 1 CAKE
    These individual little cakes are amazing and ready to eat in one minute! They are perfect
    for whenever you feel like a treat without all the fat and calories that cake can have. Genius idea!

INGREDIENTS:
    1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
    1 box Cake Mix - Any Flavor

DIRECTIONS:
    In a ziploc bag, combine the two cake mixes together and mix well. For each individual cake serving, take
    out 3 Tablespoons of the cake mix combination and mix it with 2 Tablespoons of water in a small microwave-safe
    container. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and you have your own instant individual little cake!
    KEEP remaining cake mixture stored in the zip loc bag and use whenever you feel like a treat! You can top
    each cake with a dollop of fat free whipped topping and/or some fresh fruit.

Helpful Tips:
    This recipe is called 3, 2, 1 Cake because all you need to remember is
    "3 tablespoons mix, 2 tablespoons water, 1 minute in the microwave!"

TRY various flavors of cake mix like carrot, red velvet, pineapple, lemon, orange, etc. Just remember that one of the mixes has
    to be the angel food mix; the other is your choice. The flavor possibilities are endless!

NOTES:
    The best thing is, you open both cake mixes into a gallon storage bag, one that 'zip locks' or 'self-seals', or a
    container that seals tightly, shake the two cake mixes to blend and then make the recipe. Storage of mix is simple, put it on a shelf. No need to refrigerate, since the mix is dry. Always remember, that one of the cake mixes MUST be Angel Food.

The other can be any flavor. The Angel Food is the cake mix that has the eggs whites in it. So, if, anyone is allergic to egg whites,

you can NOT serve this recipe.

NOTE: Write the recipe on the bag or write it on a small index card and drop it into the bag for later reference. Also a good idea if you have kids that want a snack, but you don't want to bake a whole cake.
    A friend tried the carrot cake box mix saying:

Use the carrot cake and angel food. It does work but if you use the carrot, as I did, then when you mix it up with the water, let it sit a minute before you put in the microwave so the water can soften the carrots and raisins
    Now THAT is ingenious! Can you make this in cupcakes and bake normally? How perfect!

On a side note, I made the OP recipe last night for someone's birthday ( on request) using 4 small mini-loaf pans so he could freeze a couple. It's very messy this way since the sw con milk has to be poured on them once they're OUT of the pans and still warm, so I lined a cookie sheet with foil, then scrunched up the sides of the foil around all the mini-cakes, then had to keep spooning the milk over them until most was absorbed (does that make sense?). Then I placed them in one of those disposable, aluminum pans (with a lid) and sprinkled on the crushed heath topping . That way they're soaking up the remaining milk without all of the crunchy stuff falling off or looking messy.

I would have done the entire process in the disposable pan to begin with but couldn't find it right away and thought I'd used it for something else ...so I improvised with the tin foil. The only thing was I wasted some foil and got a little aggravated, but it all worked out and looks beautiful! He'll be so excited!

Psychgirl, I've made your cake recipe twice. (I would have posted sooner, but my computer has been giving me fits) In fact, I have about 1/3 of one left right now. It's so moist and delicious! It will definitely be one of my regulars.

MtnGal, I've been making the 3-2-1 Cake for a couple of months and we love it! Right now I have strawberry, chocolate, and Funfetti (that's my favorite). My daughter loves them so much she's saving up to buy a microwave.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Thank you for the feedback! That makes me happy, and I'm so glad you like it!

psychgirl.....Do you just use a big dollup of cool whip on top of each piece of cake to cover up the holes? I know that is a stupid question, but my mom has a similar cake recipe, and won't take it out anywhere, because of the holes in the cake! She thinks it's too ugly! LOL.....

Her recipe is to use a box of yellow or chocolate cake mix. While still warm, she pokes holes all over the top of the cake with a big wooden spoon handle, and pours her home made chocolate sauce over it. YUM!!!!! Not too pretty to look at, though!