Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Try this cake!

Laura19, I have made this same recipe several times, and it is delicious isn't it? Toasting the coconut a little before using is really good, too! You can also use toasted slivers of almonds along with the coconut.

You ladies are going to make me fat(ter)!!!

That coconut cake does sound delicious!
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

LOL Belle, the cake is even better the next day. I always make it a day in advance if I plan to take it somewhere.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

I am drooling, ladies! This is indeed a fattening thread.
    I'm gonna have to try some of these recipes.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Limner, you didn't! It's probably a good thing my pumpkin and most of my spices are still in storage!

You know what's weird? I never liked cake much, but, since the tornado, I've been craving it.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

Oh my, limner, I'm going to have to stay out of this thread! Too many great recipes that's going to take all my extra grocery money to make them all!!!!CaryC (hubby) loves anything pumpkin, so this will prolly be a hit for him!!!!

Default The cake recipe I shared;

I made this cake for a friend's birthday....he returned the disposable pan back not only washed and ready, but with a thank you note inside saying, 'whenever you get the urge to bake this again, I'll gladly volunteer myself to help you out with that!'

psychgirl, I did make your cake, and it was HEAVENLY! It's a keeper in my kitchen! Thanks again for posting it!

I made it (from the OP) for mother's day; just used a plain yellow cake mix, and it was fantastic! Thank you!

psychgirl's recipe just the way she posted it was delicious, but I plan on using it with different variations! My mom's chocolate cake with the chocolate sauce will be great using the Heath chips sprinkled over the top. AND, boy, is psychgirl's recipe great warm with vanilla ice cream!!!!! I ate most of the cake all by myself!