Thread: For you horse lovers-Pics of horse my daughter rescued

Default For you horse lovers-Pics of horse my daughter rescued

My daughter decided to buy this horse for $500.00 last summer. She said it had fantastic papers with amazing blood lines. the lady selling, was recently divorced and could no longer feed her horses, they were starving. So, my daughter decided to "save" this one. I was sure skeptical, what a sack of ugly bones. She said to wait and see, she would turn out to be a wonderful horse. Here is a pic when she picked her up (she is 5 years old):

She has turned out to be an amazing horse! She is now beautiful. She has amazing manners, personality and drive. She is obedient and is now under saddle. This is one well bred horse. Here she is just 9 months later:

She has really come a long way. I am very proud of what my daughter has done with her and she still has so much she wants to teach her. Just wanted to share with you horse lovers out there.
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Your daughter has a good eye. It's truly amazing what some loving care and groceries can do if the breeding is there. (it's also amazing how little anything can do when the breeding isn't there... and unfortunately, I think the British may have been right about humans not being a whole lot different than dogs and horses in that respect! LOL)

I won't say what I'd like to about the former owners. NO ONE should let an animal get into that condition. EVER.

I have a gorgeous (now 6 years old) bay roan Appaloosa large pony mare I got for free. Her owners sure looked like they were starving.. but they were still feeding their horses. They were giving the ones away they thought could find homes, so they could afford to keep their two, 35 and 37 year old foundation mares. I hauled several bushels of fresh garden produce over when I went to pick her up; they were appreciative, but they were much more interested in my promise to keep her forever, as I do with all my horses, once they're "mine".

Tell your daughter she's doing a great job!

Summerthyme

Sam2 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

That is a nice looking horse.

There are a lot of people, all over the country, that have one or more horses that they can no longer feed, without starving themselves and the horses, in the process. Some are killing them. Some just abandon them. The best are those that are able to find a real home for the horse.

And, that is before considering the difficulty in finding good hay.

Given that she is already as you say, "has manners, personality and drive. is obedient ...",

Y'all will likely find that the horse is already well trained. If you don't already know, horses are not like people, nor dogs. They have a unique communication system, and they are always communicating, in a herd.

It is amazing what you can do with a horse and what a horse will do for you, once you establish yourself as the leader of the herd, based on trust. Even if that herd is just you and the horse.

Here is a pretty good site to learn all about horses:
    http://www.thinklikeahorse.org/index-3.html

Clinton Anderson is another trainer, an Ausssie, now in Texas, that has a very aggressive and unique style of training. Another good trainer starts with a 'P', but I don't recall the exact name.

These trainers have stuff all over the web, in bits and pieces. And, their prices vary.

So, if you don't already know horse language, it would be smart to learn, before trying to do any "training". Just let the horse be a horse, and remember that the slow way is the faster way.

All this, presuming you didn't already know it.
    Otherwise, there may someone that didn't.

It is too late, for words... Resist. Or Submit.
    ___Resistor_____/VVVVVV\__

A progression of Lies, Disinormation and Obfuscations:
    A "bold new world" and "forces too powerful"
    http://tinyurl.com/o49lbyx
    An agregious post #24: Some Clear Thinking On 'The Debt'
    http://tinyurl.com/oqjvf3g
    More : Tax reform: restoring ... free market system.
    http://tinyurl.com/qgejpdl

Default She's beautiful!!!!

And please give your daughter a hug from me for doing such a blessed act!......

(Personally, I STRONGLY feel that there is a most "special place" reserved in H*#@ ll for animal and child abusers....)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam2 View Post

So, if you don't already know horse language, it would be smart to learn, before trying to do any "training". Just let the horse be a horse, and remember that the slow way is the faster way.
    I think she must already speak "horse" as she is amazing with them. She truely has the gift. Her horses will do anything she asks of them.
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Wonderful I love when someone does this, your daughter did a great job of rehab, I did it for two of my four horses and wasn't sorry how they turned out after good feed and care...Again great job...

Default I've never owned a horse,

but I did a lot of riding in my younger days. All I can really say to people who treat horses (and other animals) like a head of lettuce is: You idiot! Horses are people, too! Your daughter clearly has a gift and has done a great job. Kudos to her, and to you for encouraging her.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

It takes the eye of faith to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. That girl has that eye, and a good heart, and she did a great job!
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

What a wonderful thread! It's so uplifting to see what love and care can do for horses...and people and other kinds of animals, too. Kudos to your daughter. Keep up the good work. If we could hear that horse as she talks on her cell phone to her former friends, I know we'd hear her speaking volumes of love towards her new owner.

Wow. Very nice job! It takes a lot of groceries and a lot of dedication to bring a horse back like that, and yes, your daughter has the gift of seeing quality in a horse. Even in the skinny pic, the mare's bone structure looks really good. It's sickening that the owners allowed her to get so bad. That hollow neck shows what a scary state she was in.

Now when she starts riding, that mare will really put on the muscle. I bet your daughter will be well rewarded!