Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horses to be killed for meat in U.S. for the first time in five years

Exactly wonderer! Look at PETA's record of rescuing vs euthanizing the animals that they "save".

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/03/09/pe...ritics-fuming/

"...The organization euthanizes over 90 percent of the dogs and cats relinquished to its headquarters in Norfolk, Va. In 2009, PETA euthanized 2,301 dogs and cats -- 97 percent of those brought in -- and adopted only eight, according to Virginia state figures. And the rate of these killings has been increasing. From 2004 to 2008, euthanasia at PETA increased by 10 percent..."

As a owner of two rescued horses both who were about starved to death when I got them it took a couple years to get them back to health..
    I have also bought two other horses [cheap] that needed a good home..One I will have to sell or destroy because he can't be rehabbed I rather sell him for meat than see someone hurt by him, his explosive nature due to abuse before I got him makes him a very unsafe horse to be around for horses like him sad though it is due to no fault of his own there needs to be a place for him to go were he can be put down so he will not hurt anyone..The other three have a home here for the rest of their lives .

Quote Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
    Exactly wonderer! Look at PETA's record of rescuing vs euthanizing the animals that they "save".

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/03/09/pe...ritics-fuming/

"...The organization euthanizes over 90 percent of the dogs and cats relinquished to its headquarters in Norfolk, Va. In 2009, PETA euthanized 2,301 dogs and cats -- 97 percent of those brought in -- and adopted only eight, according to Virginia state figures. And the rate of these killings has been increasing. From 2004 to 2008, euthanasia at PETA increased by 10 percent..."
    They have been caught picking up cats and dogs from kill shelters, with the promise of taking them to no kill shelters, only to kill them in the van in the parking lot from where they got them. They are a truly evil creature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Horses to be killed for meat in U.S. for the first time in five years due to Mexican demand for unusual food

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1sJu795s6
    Looks like the reporter is trying to put his bias spin on this story & is a racist.

"Mexican demand for unusual food" People from all over the world eat horse meat !

To pass laws so that animals starve to death instead of being put down humanely.

If the animal rights nuts want to step in and adopt every (stray) dog, cat or horse & to provide room /board-food-vet care for life, so be it. Stop whineing & pull out your pocketbooks !

Animals are food ! Get over it !!!!

We are murdering millions of babyies every year, wheres the outcry ? Is the life of an animal worth more than a human ? People are starving all over the world.

wonderer

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    Speaking as a devoted, life-long horseman, some of the best news I've heard in 5 years.

The do-gooders destroyed the horse industry in the U.S. and caused the suffering, starvation and misery of hundreds of thousands of horses. Every market needs a bottom...and with horses, it has always been about 35 cents/lb. Take that away and horses suffer immensely with owners who can't afford to euthanize, feed or get veterinary care.

Bottom line...a quick death at a slaughter house is much better than months to years of neglect and/or abuse. Hopefully regional processors will step up so that animals don't have to be shipped too far. Bring it on!

I agree wholeheartedly.

What changed my bleeding heart was living in Hermiston, Oregon, a cowboy town with a good meat buyer-

I never saw so many pretty-headed, good-minded, straight-legged horses in one town in my life.

One set of bench knees and one mare with twisted cannons out of literally THOUSANDS of horses-

why?

All of the crooked, ugly, crazy horses were eaten.

How is this in any way bad?

PETA is gross.