Thread: Grantbo’s Atomic Mailbox

Talking Grantbo’s Atomic Mailbox

My atomic mailbox stand has been acting up lately.

As many of you know, I ‘acquired’ an old but live Atlas atomic warhead at an Air Force surplus auction about 8 years ago. After a series of issues that resulted from trying to employ it as the pump power supply for my backyard water feature, I eventually had to put it across the road to hold up my mail box. ‘Had’ means my DW told me to.

So about 3 months ago some kids came by in their pickup to swat at mailboxes on my road with a big baseball bat. The kid who tagged my box swung a bit too low, connecting with a large access panel. The high schooler had no idea that his vandalism resulted in the cover popping open.

I didn’t realize what had happened until about a week later when the mail lady came by to let me know the cover was open. I went out there to check it out only to find a bird’s nest in it; eggs, pissed off momma bird and all. This created quite a conundrum for me since I didn’t want to disturb the nest and risk losing the new crop of birds.

I left it alone. What happened next was really unexpected.

###

You can read the rest of the story on my blog:

http://grantbo.wordpress.com/?p=84&preview=true
    Grantbo's Misadventures <<< 40 stories of when Grantbo's life went horribly wrong

The exact same thing happened to me
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Great story
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

owie!!!!

You Owe me new ribs!!!
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Default you are right

responses very good! )