Thread: Text books/trade manuals?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by JB dix View Post
    I have seen lots of fiction and survial manuals but what about school text books? I kept all of my old text books from my construction management classes at tech, also have some machine tool books. I'm also interested in looking for some elementry, high school text books. I would love to see any one else's ideas on books to look for and ideas on where to find them at a reasonable cost.
    I have not seen a school text book since 1972. From what parent complaints I hear; depending upon text publication date, fiction and school textbook are perhaps synonymous? Are you looking for correct information or what is needed for current formal education?
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    I have not seen a school text book since 1972. From what parent complaints I hear; depending upon text publication date, fiction and school textbook are perhaps synonymous? Are you looking for correct information or what is needed for current formal education?
    I almost laughed at this...until I realized that it's not a joke. Unfortunately many of the modern textbooks were written by "educators" with an agenda...

used book stores. Get to know some of them and get then to set aside any old, pre-1970 text books for you.

They just throw them away and are glad to see someone take them somewhere besides the dump

Free
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."

Don't forget to add encyclopedia sets to this.

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Go to Lindseybooks and pay the money for Dave Gingery's series that will take you from a flower pot and vaccuum cleaner to a complete machine shop, step by step, you build it all (though you can likely short it a bit by getting the motors)...
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/