Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jerome Corsi: Oil creation process discovered by Nazi's kept hidden by US Govt

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Minnesota Smith will be here to discredit this in 3,2,1.....
    He is a trained geologist, I believe
    MS was on an oil rig somewhere last I knew. He last posted here on the 4th. Let's just say that he (and others) has thoroughly debunked the abiotic oil myth repeatedly here, to the point where I'm surprised anyone bothers to bring it up anymore.
    Collapse now and avoid the rush!

Also so people know the Japanese made synthetic oil out of pine roots during the war also. The only problem with "pine fuel" was engines only worked for a few hours and were then ruined

Geologists go to the same schools everyone else does, and they too are fed what science 'thinks'. However, as with everything else, the schools of thought 'evolve' into a new thought. Of course, it's politically incorrect to say that what science thought was WRONG. It maintains credibility to say, we update as we learn.

It can take years for new findings to make their way into current theory.

I think oil is something that gets squeezed up from deep earth, collects in available spaces and bumps into organic matter along the way in addition to organic matter being shoved in by contamination of drilling equipment. I mean, it's not necessary to sterilize the equipment.

There was a recent development regarding the algae theory..turned out to be minerals.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

The science is settled
    (Seems I heard that somewhere before)
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    Not dead dinosaurs. I wish that oil company had never used a dinosaur for its logo. Oil comes from dead single-celled algae. Back when the planet had an abundance of warm shallow seas, algae grew in large mats on the surface. As they died, their bodies drifted to the bottom (same thing happens today in the oceans, just not as abundantly) and piled up in layers hundreds of feet thick. Silt and sediment collected on top, crustal plate movement carried them miles below the surface where heat and pressure transformed them into oil. The process takes millions of years. The oil shale of Colorado contains a sort of proto-oil (kerogen) that hasn't been exposed to enough heat and pressure yet to turn it into crude oil.

IOW it's the natural method of doing what Doc mentioned can be done industrially with organic waste today.

Good joke, tho.
    Correct.

And no oil is found below depths of about 15,000 feet, because below that point the overburden pressure is so high that it breaks up the oil.

I an interested in the Fischer-Tropsch process. The current process to turn coal into gasoline involves iron and extreme pressure/heat because iron is cheap and the sulfur in the coal eventually poisons the catalyst. However, the Nazis were able to use cobalt, very moderate temperatures, and only needed atmospheric pressure to do the deed. Indeed, they basicly burned coal in a metal stack while flowing steam over the coals, routed the gas output over some 350F cobalt, then collected the oil/gasoline mix in a water-cooled condenser. With no real pressure at all. Their setup was actually rather low-tech at first. If one was willing only use wood, the moderately expensive cobalt catalyst might last for years. I have about 10 pounds of cobalt, some stainless steel scrubber pads to electroplate cobalt onto for maximum surface area, and some copper tubing to form a condenser. If I can rig a way to make some carbon monoxide/hydrogen (outdoors), I might try to see if I can turn wood into liquid fuel. Could be really useful if the worst comes to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post
    Correct.

And no oil is found below depths of about 15,000 feet, because below that point the overburden pressure is so high that it breaks up the oil.

Not really the pressure it is the temperature that breaks the molecules into gas. the deeper you go the more gas you find in a given trap.
    When ever I have to make a decision I ask myself WWDD (What would Dogbert do)

Never argue with an idiot. He is too stupid to understand and all you do is waste your time.

There are three evil forces in the world Greed, Fear and Ignorance.

Making oil from other sources like coal is not an issue of chemistry...it's an issue of
    economics. If oil reaches and stays at $200/barrel we will likely see liquid fuel of
    various types and sources start to be developed and produced. But when oil is $60-$80
    a barrel most of these methodologies cost more to produce than the product can be sold
    for.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian, the info about cobalt as a catalyst is fascinating. The CO/H mix is comparatively easy to make. The gasogenes used to power cars and trucks in Europe during WWII produced it. There are some plans for improved generators available on the web. One starts with a galvanized trash can as a burner.

I have had thoughts about building a mini fuel plant if gas prices go up to ridiculous heights. Now I must go and research cobalt.

Windy Ridge

A geologist only takes a smattering of chemistry in their undergraduate studies (qual and Quant if I recall correctly). the process of making oil from coal might be a bit more involved.