Thread: Dpnt try and count your chicks before they hatch

Default Dpnt try and count your chicks before they hatch

I almost made that mistake! I have had 10 eggs in the incubator for the last 21 days or so. I have had a very hard time controling the temp ( old incubator) it went between 95 and 103. So I wasnt holding out much hope of them hatching. So last week I candled them 1 last time to see if they were doing anything. I was pretty sure they went growing because with only a week to go they looked very liquidy inside. There was only 1 that looked ok. So I thought i guess I will just throw them away and hope the 1 hatches. But for some reason I changed my mind and just decided it wouldnt hurt anything to just leave them be. WELLLLLLL....as of this moment I have 8 baby chicks!! What is that like 90% hatch rate on eggs that were dead??!!! LOL AWESOME!
    Living the dream, just living the dream!

Quote Originally Posted by just living View Post
    I almost made that mistake! I have had 10 eggs in the incubator for the last 21 days or so. I have had a very hard time controling the temp ( old incubator) it went between 95 and 103. So I wasnt holding out much hope of them hatching. So last week I candled them 1 last time to see if they were doing anything. I was pretty sure they went growing because with only a week to go they looked very liquidy inside. There was only 1 that looked ok. So I thought i guess I will just throw them away and hope the 1 hatches. But for some reason I changed my mind and just decided it wouldnt hurt anything to just leave them be. WELLLLLLL....as of this moment I have 8 baby chicks!! What is that like 90% hatch rate on eggs that were dead??!!! LOL AWESOME!
    Great story! Congrats!!
    He said to them,"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36