Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belief

Default Belief

As I spoke today to a friend I realized how manipulated the minds of folks have become. The conversation was about health and the friend's 'doctor', who had stated to the friend that their health would suffer if they didn't follow the expensive advice of the 'doctor'.

Folks, this person BELIEVED the doctor. And their health suffered.

Belief is an essential power, reserved to the individual. What you believe has everything to do with who, and how you are. And like the individual, so too the nation.

I refrain from proselytizing here, I don't think its right for me to use the admin position to espouse my philosophy. But tonight I'll step off this policy for this comment.

What you BELIEVE is what you are. Its intrinsic. Doing IS being, and its an essential facet of faith that we BELIEVE.

This can go for or against the believer.

My point tonight is that each of you needs to be sure that you believe in yourselves. And that you likewise believe in God the Father, Maker of Heaven and Earth, and that you are good- made in the image of Him, and Endowed with inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

If you believe you're well, you will be well.
    If you believe you're happy, you will be happy.
    If you believe you're smart, you are smart.

Nothing in the world can stop you if you believe.

And if you believe in God, then you are blessed by Him, your Father.

So please folks...

Believe with passion in what you want to be true.
    A warrior lives by acting, not by thinking about acting, nor by thinking about what he will think when he has finished acting.

Snake oil salesmen come from all quarters.

Top four people I don't take at their word.

1. Politicians
    2. Lawyers
    3. Doctors
    4. Automobile mechanics

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Amen, HW.

Good Word, HW. Thank you!

Doctor number 1 told my uncle that unless he had expensive surgery he would be dead in 3 months. Doctor number 2 said he maybe had 6 months to live but would not make it off the operating table. They were both right he did die.............................ten years later. He chose not to believe, in them. He believed in Himself. Oh, and no he did not have the surgery.

Yes indeed, you are right on HW.

I had a friend who had a mishap with the breaks and tire on his semi. He shouldn't have been able to stop his rig. He called on Jesus to take over and He did. The rig came to a stop in a good place out of harms way without hurting anyone.

As the friend crawled under the rig he once again called on Jesus for His help. While he was checking the lines a tire blew and should have killed him. Instead he had very minor injuries.

He knew/believed when he called on Jesus, no matter what happened Jesus had it under control.

Sometimes believing in ourselves is the hardest thing to do, at least for me. I struggle with it constantly when I'm out of my comfort zone.

Default Hmmmmmmmm

I believe that God works through people, and extends His love to us in many different ways. That being said, it is imperative that we choose wisely the people we allow to counsel us in the many areas of life that we seek help.

We have a saying in the medical field, C = MD
    Which means not all doctors are from the top of their class, they come in all shapes, sizes and colors, morality and ethics, and IQ's.

A competent physician will develope a differential diagnosis, and institute a treatment plan that best suits the patient and the problem, adjusting it as new data or results of the treatment dictate.

Using clinical data derived from large studies they provide care based on statistical evidence.

For example; depending on risk factors, 4-6 percent of people per year with Atrial Fibrillation, will develop a stroke. Therefore we prescribe strong blood thinners to lower that risk to about 1 percent per year. Knowing full well the drug Coumadin must be closely monitored within a therapeutic range to be safe and effective. Too little and the patient's risk for stroke remain high.Too much and the patient can have serious bleeding consequences. This also confers responsibility on the patient to take the medicine as prescribed, get the blood tests to make sure they are taking an appropriate dose, and to inform the physician in follow up of any adverse side effects.

Belief in a Higher Power is a central part of my life, but I also believe in regular check ups,trying to eat right and exercise and seeking a competent doctor's help when needed.

For "Faith without works is dead"

Kinda like using will power on a bad case of Diarrhea.
    Last edited by OneDayAtATime; 04-27-2012 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Typos

I have a doctor that is nice and is very test happy. Not bad ecept I don't believe in yearly mammograms. One radioactivity is cumlative and I have had a lifetime's worth and limit unecessary everything x-ray and two they have known since the 30's that compressing a cancerous tumor makes it spread.

When I had a tumor on my thigh they warned me very sternly about bumping it before they found out if it was cancerous or not. The same radiologist was speechless when I asked him why it was okay to crush women's breasts to x-ray them for cancer. He couldn't answer.

Every women in my family dies of heart disease. Usually about 95. My great-grandfather and Cromwell's daughter are the only two in my family tree I can find that died of cancer. Yet I have had to argue with doctors over heart tests that I want and mammograms I don't.

I also won't buy anything with a pink ribbon on the box anymore. And, I still sleep well at night. Usually. Not lately but that has more to do with my post in the Tavern than worrying about what a doctor thinks will be my death.

Only God knows the day or way and I am a firm believer he will take me if I am in my chair on TTOL or playing with guns.

Thanks HW,

A reminder to believe in our God and ourself is so important right now.

Just reading the daily news on this type of websites, revealing just how far gone our once Christian nation is, can give us chills and nearly scare us to death.

I'm constantly saying that it is in God's hands. It's the only way I realize I will survive what actually happening in my own life, and what's coming.
    "When Christ uttered the cry, 'It is finished,' he knew that the battle was won. As a moral conqueror, he planted his banner on the eternal heights. Was there not joy among the angels? Not a son nor a daughter of Adam but could now lay hold on the merits of the spotless son of God, and say: 'Christ has died for me. He is my saviour...'" - Ellen G. White.

Quote Originally Posted by HouseWolf View Post
    As I spoke today to a friend I realized how manipulated the minds of folks have become. The conversation was about health and the friend's 'doctor', who had stated to the friend that their health would suffer if they didn't follow the expensive advice of the 'doctor'.

Folks, this person BELIEVED the doctor. And their health suffered.

Belief is an essential power, reserved to the individual. What you believe has everything to do with who, and how you are. And like the individual, so too the nation.

I refrain from proselytizing here, I don't think its right for me to use the admin position to espouse my philosophy. But tonight I'll step off this policy for this comment.

What you BELIEVE is what you are. Its intrinsic. Doing IS being, and its an essential facet of faith that we BELIEVE.

This can go for or against the believer.

My point tonight is that each of you needs to be sure that you believe in yourselves. And that you likewise believe in God the Father, Maker of Heaven and Earth, and that you are good- made in the image of Him, and Endowed with inalienable right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

If you believe you're well, you will be well.
    If you believe you're happy, you will be happy.
    If you believe you're smart, you are smart.

Nothing in the world can stop you if you believe.

And if you believe in God, then you are blessed by Him, your Father.

So please folks...

Believe with passion in what you want to be true.
    So very true. I believe that when I choose to visit with a doctor, I am hiring a consultant who has more expertise in a certain area than I do. I pay this person for that expertise. So I consult with them. I ask questions, get answers, and generally discuss. After that, the doctor's job that I hired him/her for initially is done. It then becomes MY job to process the information I was given and evaluate if it will be beneficial for me/my body. If affirmative, I either get a second opinion, or hire the original back and negotiate a fee schedule and a plan. I believe that no one knows my body more than I do, and I know when something isn't "right". If said doctor does not respect that fact alone, I do no hire them. I am in charge of my physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. Providers only equal into the equation when I invite them in. My system works for me; may not work for everyone. It is what I can afford. I have nursing training and my partner is in the medical field, so I'm pretty much ok. Peace.