Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

Default Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...ry/top-stories
    <snip>

"As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy asses.”
    The speaker was Dan Savage, founder of the “It Gets Better” project, an anti-bullying campaign that has reached more than 40 million viewers with contributors ranging from President Obama to Hollywood stars. Savage also writes a sex advice column called “Savage Love.”
    Savage, and his husband, were also guests at the White House for President Obama’s 2011 LGBT Pride Month reception. He was also invited to a White House anti-bullying conference.".......

So the anti-bully guy shows himself as the bully. This is so blatant....I'm at a loss for words. So proud of those kids that got up and walked out. Sad but not shocked given the current state of things.
    Last edited by Michigan Sister; 04-27-2012 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Fixed the link.

bad linky. hopefully someone find a good one, this will be ammo in a current debate with a bubble-headed friend of the family

Default fixed the link

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid1 View Post
    bad linky. hopefully someone find a good one, this will be ammo in a current debate with a bubble-headed friend of the family

I fixed it. I think the website flipped it to another page before I finished typing the OP.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid1 View Post

Hey, I was a bubble head once. Years ago. SSBN 642 Kamehameha. Watch=it buster.....
    "No nation could preserve it freedom in the mist of continual warfare."

James Madison

[QUOTE=Michigan Sister;

So the anti-bully guy shows himself as the bully. This is so blatant....I'm at a loss for words. So proud of those kids that got up and walked out. Sad but not shocked given the current state of things.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the "anti-bully" was the bully. His message should have been "no bullying of ANYONE for ANY REASON" PERIOD. But, unlike you, I will continue to be shocked at outrageous behavior by anyone. I feel that if I become "de-sensitized" to horrible behavior, then somehow, I may become one of the lowest common denominators in society, and clearly, we have enough of them. So I will happily remain fully SHOCKED when the anti-bully shows himself the bully. And wish I was there so I could call him out on it. I'm 50 in a month or so, and I'm feeling the power in my age. This Honey Badger don't care. I calls em as I sees em. So I guess for now, I'll just have to be the behavior police in my neighborhood, and write tickets for uncivility, or bullying, or teens being too attached to electronics to look at me when I say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by ssbn642blue View Post
    Hey, I was a bubble head once. Years ago. SSBN 642 Kamehameha. Watch=it buster.....
    haha, yes we all were once. the time is so short now for today's bubble heads

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Sister View Post
    I fixed it. I think the website flipped it to another page before I finished typing the OP.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Summerwynd View Post
    Yes, the "anti-bully" was the bully. His message should have been "no bullying of ANYONE for ANY REASON" PERIOD. But, unlike you, I will continue to be shocked at outrageous behavior by anyone. I feel that if I become "de-sensitized" to horrible behavior, then somehow, I may become one of the lowest common denominators in society, and clearly, we have enough of them. So I will happily remain fully SHOCKED when the anti-bully shows himself the bully. And wish I was there so I could call him out on it. I'm 50 in a month or so, and I'm feeling the power in my age. This Honey Badger don't care. I calls em as I sees em. So I guess for now, I'll just have to be the behavior police in my neighborhood, and write tickets for uncivility, or bullying, or teens being too attached to electronics to look at me when I say hi.
    I understand what you mean Summerwynd. I'm 53. Hot flashes or "power surges" or whatever you want to call them can certainly be empowering.

I'm not shocked by what is happening to our govt. and society because I know we are in a countdown to the return of Christ. His Word says that it will continue to get worse before He finally separates the "sheep from the goats".

Meanwhile, I will continue to stand for His good way of living life and "call out" the bubbleheads.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...ian-teens.html

Board software trucates links, copying and pasting an already truncated link gets you a 'not found'. The above link, copied here in a 'not hot' (noparse) and therefore not truncated format, is http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/anti-bullying-speaker-curses-mocks-christian-teens.html. To get to it in 'full' format as shown, you have to copy and paste the link into your browser. Since it's not hot you can't just click on it.

Far as I can tell, this speaker was not "anti-bullying" but "anti-Christian." In other words- a fraud.
    Lost colonist

"Liberty is what we stand for. Liberty is what we champion. Liberty will prevail." - Jeff Cooper, "Cooper's Commentaries," Vol. 12 #1, January 2004 - http://www.molonlabe.net/Commentaries/jeff12.pdf

LISTEN! Jordan Page - "Liberty" (Acoustic version) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bitxwy6okn4