Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

Um, "It Gets Better" was an anti-GAY bullying effort, last I heard.

Did they drop the gay and make it generic bullying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dxrW94tFI0

ETA: Actually, if I am remembering right, it wasn't even ABOUT bullying. It was just about encouraging gay teens to not kill themselves, and assuring them that being gay got easier once out of high school. I don't want to watch the video to find out.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Acts17Apologetics
    Shut yer sauce box, & focus yer audio, see?

Yeah. I remembered right.

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/pages/ab...etter-project/

About the It Gets Better Project

The It Gets Better Project was created to show young LGBT people the levels of happiness, potential, and positivity their lives will reach – if they can just get through their teen years. The It Gets Better Project wants to remind teenagers in the LGBT community that they are not alone — and it WILL get better.

ETA: To the EXCLUSION of any straight person who is not an 'ally':

ItGetsBetter.org is a place where young people who are lesbian, gay, bi, or trans can see how love and happiness can be a reality in their future. It’s a place where our straight allies can visit and support their friends and family members. It’s a place where people can share their stories, take the It Gets Better Project pledge and watch videos of love and support.

This isn't about "bullying". It's about gay.

No wonder he couldn't contain his hatred of the christian kids. We all know how those genuine chrisitans are the worst bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by DunDunDuuun View Post
    Yeah. I remembered right.

http://www.itgetsbetter.org/pages/ab...etter-project/

ItGetsBetter.org is a place where young people who are lesbian, gay, bi, or trans can see how love and happiness can be a reality in their future. It’s a place where our straight allies can visit and support their friends and family members. It’s a place where people can share their stories, take the It Gets Better Project pledge and watch videos of love and support.

This isn't about "bullying". It's about gay.

No wonder he couldn't contain his hatred of the christian kids. We all know how those genuine chrisitans are the worst bullies.

Thanks for pointing this out. I had never heard of his organization. I do recall hearing about his "savage love" radio program some time ago. Never listened to it and never will.

What bothers me is that he chose a forum for high schoolers on journalism - he wasn't the only speaker - to go on his bullying rant against Christians. The flipside being that if another speaker had ranted about gays and their intolerance and damage to our society they would have been castigated all over MSM for encouraging hatred and intolerance in teens. Yep, this is the way of things right now.

His speech was booked as being about anti-bullying. Thats what the audience was expecting to hear from him.

<snip>
    "Savage was supposed to be delivering a speech about anti-bullying at the National High School Journalism Conference sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association. But it turned into an episode of Christian-bashing.
    Rick Tuttle, the journalism advisor for Sutter Union High School in California, was among several thousand people in the audience. He said they thought the speech was one thing – but it turned into something else.
    “I thought this would be about anti-bullying,” Tuttle told Fox news. “It turned into a pointed attack on Christian beliefs.”"

Good for the kids, they walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Indeed.

They are making the rounds. I was shocked and pissed off when I heard a group like this came to our local HS in CT to preach the gospel of gay.

They beat down the kids with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by StandFree View Post
    They are making the rounds. I was shocked and pissed off when I heard a group like this came to our local HS in CT to preach the gospel of gay.

They beat down the kids with this stuff.
    It's junk like this that makes me continue to homeschool. I think my child would get a fine education in public school, but there is no way in h e double hockey sticks I would send my child where this kind of thing occurs.
    Mama Ten Bears

I don't have 10 children, but I did see 10 bears on vacation once. Thought it'd be a cool screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Ten Bears View Post
    It's junk like this that makes me continue to homeschool. I think my child would get a fine education in public school, but there is no way in h e double hockey sticks I would send my child where this kind of thing occurs.
    Definately agree with you!! I homeschooled for a couple of years. DD now goes to a good Christian private school that teaches the truth. If we ever can't afford to send her there (Lord willing, we will be able to until she graduates) I won't hesitate to go back to homeschooling. Would never have her in public school.

The article stated that there were a couple of Christian schools that went to this conference. They probably thought it would be ok because Scholastic Press was involved and endorsing the speakers. Our school doesn't do business with Scholastic at all because of what they bring in as acceptable for children to read. Totally liberal organization now.

I'm glad to hear that some people with some basic morals left the speech. Personally, I'd never attend any venue were a known homo scum bucket was going to speak. I don't want to be around when God nukes the site, like he did S and G.
    Grantbo's Misadventures <<< 40 stories of when Grantbo's life went horribly wrong

I noticed this as well.
    The only problem is that they didn't shout this degenerate rat-feck down, nor pull out the microphone wires, etc.

Christians are way too timid when it comes to stuff like this.
    To meekly walk out like a bunch of timid sheep shows weakness.

These people should have stood up to this filthy sexual deviant.

Let's stop calling these perverts "gay."
    They are sodomites.
    Homosexuals.
    Sexual deviants.

Their deviant homosexual "acts of love" mock God's creation/procreation process.

Do not grant them the high-ground of the debate and use the word "gay."
    Call them what they are to their faces.
    Shout them down. Shove them into the gutter when you can.

As for this sicko-Savage and his diatribe....

Also--this is going to become more prevalent.
    It is going to evolve into outright persecution.

But I ask--are you going to be led away meekly singing El Shadai on the way to the camps, or are you going to greet your oppressors with you AK or SKS or Glock?!! --also singing El Shaddai (a very pretty song BTW).

ST