Thread: Water Guns Banned, Handguns Allowed at GOP Convention

Default Water Guns Banned, Handguns Allowed at GOP Convention

Water Guns Banned, Handguns Allowed at GOP Convention

In the politically-charged and likely protest-filled streets of Tampa, Fla., during the Republican National Convention in August, water guns will be strictly prohibited. Concealed handguns, on the other hand, will be perfectly legal.
    Florida Gov. Rick Scott said this week that banning handguns from downtown Tampa during the convention, as the city's Mayor Bob Buckhorn requested, "would surely violate the Second Amendment."

"It is unclear how disarming law-abiding citizens would better protect them from the dangers and threats posed by those who would flout the law," Scott said in a letter to Buckhorn Tuesday, emphasizing the words "law-abiding." "It is at just such times that the constitutional right of self defense is most precious and must be protected from government overreach."
    Buckhorn said today that he was "disappointed" by Scott's decision, but that the city will "plan and train accordingly."

More:
    http://news.yahoo.com/water-guns-ban...-politics.html
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]."
    [Daniel 12:10b]

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post

In the politically-charged and likely protest-filled streets of Tampa, Fla., during the Republican National Convention in August, water guns will be strictly prohibited. Concealed handguns, on the other hand, will be perfectly legal.
    Florida Gov. Rick Scott said this week that banning handguns from downtown Tampa during the convention, as the city's Mayor Bob Buckhorn requested, "would surely violate the Second Amendment."

"It is unclear how disarming law-abiding citizens would better protect them from the dangers and threats posed by those who would flout the law," Scott said in a letter to Buckhorn Tuesday, emphasizing the words "law-abiding." "It is at just such times that the constitutional right of self defense is most precious and must be protected from government overreach."
    Buckhorn said today that he was "disappointed" by Scott's decision, but that the city will "plan and train accordingly."

More:

OMG a POLITICIAN said THIS?????
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

don't know who he is.......

a patriot, maybe.......

or setting up a false flag sitch.......

time will out.......

does tickle the ears.......
    For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow..............Ecclesiastes 1:18

LORD please forgive us our unkind, unloving ways.........ALL OF US..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak

That is comical. I guess they got all hyped up and when they where told they couldn't ban concealed carry had to exorcise that ban vibe or chi on SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Can't be. The media always lies and politicians always work against us unless their name involves the word "Paul".

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post

More:
    Bubba Buckhorn should have been planning and training long before now. Idiot.
    "It's fascinating that liberals are allegedly the most competent people in the history of planet Earth, yet they need the rest of us to pay for the sh** they need to live, like birth control." BS, Inc.

Simple, I'm supposing that Florida has a law where municipalities cannot preempt state law. So, a municipality cannot suspend firearms law, including CCW.

Seems like Florida is about to become a national laboratory for CCW/Stand Your Ground.

I hope everybody down there at the convention is going to be on their very best behavior.

The last thing you want to see is two CCWing individuals who both feel like standing their ground.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories, Former USA

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    Simple, I'm supposing that Florida has a law where municipalities cannot preempt state law. So, a municipality cannot suspend firearms law, including CCW.
    I do believe you are correct about this. Gov. Scott should not be canonized quite yet for the reply he sent even if preemption was available to the good Mayor though. If I recall correctly, he has said that he would participate in another look at the prudence of the SYG law in the wake of the Martin/Zimmerman incident. Yeah, here's a report on it. It's worse than "participation." He actually convened a "blue ribbon panel" to look into the "public safety" aspects of SYG. Scott also appointed the Special Prosecutor to go after Zimmerman. While I appreciate him emphasizing "law-abiding" in his reply, he's a mixed bag just like all the rest.

Blues